IGNORED

Compression testing question

Ok, I did as we had discussed above; ran up to temp, disconnected coil, FI relay, and removed all spark plugs. Screwed compression guage into cylinder 1 and pushed button on remote starter. Well, the starter turned, but after 2 or three revolutions, it disengaged and spun. So I tried it again; same result. I took off the remote starter switch and used the ignition key instead. Same result. Starter will turn engine 1 to 3 revolutions, and then disengage and just spin. It's like that without the sparkplugs it can spin the engine too fast, and doesn't like that, so it disengages. I have the gear reduction starter on the car (that's apparently what it came with). Anyone had similar issues?

Note that I have now installed the plugs, rehooked-up the coil and FI relay, and the car starts like a top. No problems.