IGNORED

Car Hauling

26th-Z

Ok, I've still got a bid on the car and a car trailer. However, I live in Texas. I'm up for anyone who wants to take my trailer and get it for me since I don't have the time for that long of a trip (I just went to NM to get one last month). I'm also open to people willing to do the 'tag-team' of Z'ers to inaugurate a 'tow-the-Z relay' from there to here. I think that would be really cool personally!!!

Anyone???

Ok, I've still got a bid on the car and a car trailer. However, I live in Texas. I'm up for anyone who wants to take my trailer and get it for me since I don't have the time for that long of a trip (I just went to NM to get one last month). I'm also open to people willing to do the 'tag-team' of Z'ers to inaugurate a 'tow-the-Z relay' from there to here. I think that would be really cool personally!!!

Therein lies the problem... you have the trailer, car is elsewhere...

trailer needs to be 'relayed' up to the buyer, then 'relayed' back with the car on it. When I initally 'pea-brain-stormed' that idea, I would have drove 200 miles (50 miles up, 100 miles back, then 50 miles back home for one example, or 100 miles one way to 100 miles back and 'pass the batton') Find two (willing) people in the same City and you can really move a car.

But, I'm sure that there are many 'holes' in this theory, syncronizing pickups, unplanned emergencies / breakdowns...

I for one would have to rent a truck (my poor baby can barely haul 5 gallons of gas in it) ROFL

Of course, spotting a trucker w/ an empty load wantin a few extra cash bucks in their pocked going your way would really help alot. Where's Keith (2ManyZs) to help out in some of the theory?

Wayne

Hehe, I just got back from a 950 mile round trip to the show in Syracuse...so I'm not up for a road trip right now... :sleep:

800 is about right Chris, I checked on the shipping for a non-op car from Penasacola to me and it was right in that neighborhood. But, you're right, they shy away from non-op cars.

If you've got a pickup, you could always rent a U-Haul trailer one way, but, I'd almost bet the price of that is gonna be darn near the same as having it shipped. I checked into one from Atlanta to here when I went to get 809 last spring, and the one way rental price for a trailer shocked me to say the least. So, I traded a buddy of mine and old set of aluminum slots for a Z for the use of his open trailer and went myself. Cost me about $125 altogether (fuel and food) and did an 1100 mile round trip in 24 hours. :cross-eye

I just returned from a 2700 mile up and down the East Coast, but if you decide to drive it down, I'm in MD and would love to meet for lunch if you so desire. Would be nice to see a piece of history and a fellow member! Also, 800 for a non-op shipping is about as great as you can get. Any excuse one can get to take a few days away from life and spend it with a Z!

We'll see what this week brings. Ken Jones of SportZ offered to help, but I may just suck it up and get the car here. Towing yields about 11mpg and it doesn't take long to see that $800 is a fair price for a dead car. There will be a formal announcement when it arrives.