IGNORED

your opinion / story on Datsun Cherry 100a 1977

rusty260z

http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=14610151

Im thiking of buying a Datsun Cherry 100a 1977 as a daily runner while i make my fairlady (260z) roadworthy again,

had been searching the net and found out most of the basics about the car, but i would like to know other people's experience with the above car model,

vehicle will be used mainly to get to uni and back, in heavyis trafiic,

-maintance

-upgrades options

-cool factor

-how much are they worth

i should buy some ecobox (honda), but after driving a fairlady for about a year i find newer cars to boring, visual wise (love cars designed in the 70's) and driving wise, but i am not rich enough to buy a more expensive classic.

thanks

Here it was called the F10. I don't think we got the 4dr sedan, only the 3dr wagon and the 2dr hatchback. They'e front wheel drive with an A14 engine and either a Automatic or 5 spd transaxle. The hatchback had IRS. I never owend one but supposedly they could get over 40 mpg.

Datsun Engineer 1: "Oh man, that was great. This new GT car (Z) is awesome! What should we make next?"

Datsun Engineer 2: "Oh, I dunno. Let's make something totally CRAP. You know, I had this dream the other night..."

*Engineer 2 sketches something resembling a 510 with a HUGE, ugly arse*

Datsun Engineer 1: "...Are you SURE? Can we release something like that into the wild?"

My F10 Cherry wagon was a go-anywhere, do-anything vehicle. at the time, 1979, I was a botany student working with a proff, catologing the flora of some of the swampiest, dankest, darkest cypress jungles of So. Florida. The F10 was a jeep with 13 inch wheels. I was never stuck. The A14 never missed a beat. It was spritley and nimble around town too. I bought CHEAP, Drove it into the ground, and parked it in front of a junk yard, body rusted beyond recognition and the front axles ready to fall apart. I cried as we drove away from the olive-drab carcass. It was like shooting a loved horse.