IGNORED

It is stuck! I mean fused like fast-food chicken

hls30.com

Just get Beandip to post some :), personally with my car I didn't need a spindle puller it came out rather easily on 1 side at least the other was a different story. Strange but when I went to take another out from a wrecker I didn't have much luck on the 4 i tried. Only 1 of them came out as easily as the one on my car.

Ditto, Gary, if you wouldn't mind posting a picture ot two,(probably a good tech article candidate). I have no aversion to welding a rod to the spindle pin to get the lovely thing out. I can cut off the mushrooms from both ends and have a nice, straight section of pin to pull out. I will take some pictures of why not to do what to post to this thread tonight-if I can edit the original post, I will put them there.

Will

Anybody knows what happens when you loan out tools to someone for the first and last time? Thats right they come back with all of the blades used and not replaced, or worse yet, broken. I had loaned m sawzall to a neighbor to cut off three pieces of 1" pipe. I had a card of 10 6" Dewalt bi-metal blades, and several other mixed cut blades. I got everything I lent him back, but every blade in the box has no teeth in the cutting section of the blade. Not a word about it when he gave the saw back. Needless to say, I have to hitup Lowes for some more blades tomorrow morning to attempt the cuts on the pin.

Dave,

That is pretty much what I invisioned, nice tool. I was thinking of adapting one of my spring compressors to the same job-all It would take is a tube, a thick washer and a union threaded appropriately-maybe a hole and pin for the union end of the spring compressor-and oh yes, the bearing-I was going to replace mine anyway...

If I didn't have everything right at hand, I would just buy from you-it isn't like I have enough to do with out adding more!

Will

What like beating the crap out of it on both ends with two different hammers! Oh, wait, that was me... I did work at Western Auto the summer after High School. and every time I had a problem, the mechanics answer was always "Get a bigger hammer." I guess I took his words to heart!

Will

The first time I did this job, I pounded (carefully, but not carefully enough) for a day on both R & L side pins, then another day (without care) before I gave up and paid the machine shop their $60 bucks. By then my arms were too sore to continue pounding or I'd likely still be there. :stupid:

Well this is a timely thread. I spent the evening tonight dissassembling the spare 280Z rear suspension I have, in preparation for rebuilding it and then swapping it into my daily driver 280 in a weekend. Well, everything went very well, until the spindle pins. I bought one of Harbor Freight's "12-ton presses" for $99 a couple months ago, figuring I could use it for a lot of stuff. Well, it pressed the bushings out of the front control arms, easily pressed the ball joint pins out of the knuckle arms, but it won't do the spindle pins. I had it all set up, pressed, and pressed, and pressed, and it "broke the pin loose". Thought I had it then. But then I reset it, tried to keep pressing, and I actually bent the end of the rod! Must not have had it perfectly square. So, before I mess up the other end, I guess it's time to get the right tool...