IGNORED

turn signal lever is mushy

winstonsmith

• 9 months later...

Either I am not searching the correct words to find it or I am imagining things. Awhile ago some one posted a "how to " on taking apart, reconditioning, and putting back together a turn signal switch. Does anyone know what happened to that article? I would like to try it on a spare t/s switch that I have that doesn't work and the one I am using is showing signs of failure (possibly).

Wasn't it an article on refurbishing the Headlight Switch?

I found that one real easy. Again, I may be mistaken. I just thought that someone did a refurbish on a t/s and I was looking for it. I am also looking on some other forums also. just to be sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Check/clean/replace your 4 way hazzard switch. If that doesn't work, your turn signals won't work either. That's why they worked intermittenly when you jiggled the wire bundle to the console. This is a common cause that has people pulling their hair out.

While you are doing all this it might be a good time to put relays in there to take the load off the light switch mechanism. If you upgrade to quartz headlamps ultimately that switch is going to give you trouble. Furthermore, if you go with the relays your headlight brightness will be a lot better and you can take a big load off the fuse box so it won't get so hot. There's lots of how to posts on this.

Don