IGNORED

Anyone used BASF Diamont paint?

jmark

I have. We use it at work and I also painted my Z with it. (Not with paint from work!) It is as good as Chromabase in my opinion. The base is a little different. It "builds" more than Chromabase. I always considered chromabase more of an ink! But, they are both good and both expensive!! I wanted to use Valspar on the Z but the place could not mix the correct color so I decided to go with Diamont. Valspar is more like chromabase but is about half the price and it seems to hold up just as well. Definitely sprays and buffs just as nice if not nicer.

Best of luck!

Aaron

I would only use PPG paint on my cars. My 77 has a 3 stage Cinamon Candy Apple Red. Of couse it all comes down to one's opinion and how much you want to pay. In the car show circles, at least around here in Florida, PPG is #1.

(It also takes a knowledgable body shop to shoot the paint)

Vicky

RoopZ,

Your first choice would be? I suspect most modern paints will do fine if the prep is good and the painter know what he is doing. The Diamont just seemed to have the best color match of the three we had to chose from. The paint was mixed by the same guy with the same formula. He sells all three brands so he really doesn't care which I picked.

Personally, I would choose Diamont over Chromabase any day of the week. I guess my first choice would be Valspar if its available but like I said, the guy could not mix my color for some reason and I wanted it as close as I could get so I went with Diamont. Hope this helps.