IGNORED

Import?

Alfadog

I stand corrected. The 6R4 Metro was a V6 (based on the V8 Rover donk with two cylinders chopped out) with FI...no turbo, but 4WD.

A Clubman 6R4 will set you back about £12K if you can find one of the 200 ever made....so if you can get on for zero....it must be a heap. There were three WRC 6R4's but you'll be lucky to find one of those.

If not then you have the sale of the century...pay the money and get it.

But my experience with BL and MG engines is they are horrid little things that should be used as anchors...IMHO. I had a Mini Cooper S (nick named it "The Brick" for obvious reasons). It was a ex rally car with much done, cage, S disks, S bucket seats, hardie spicers, DCOE 45, major head work, major crank work, SCCR box..the works...very very quick off the line. However...it was still a brick and I waved it goodbye with a massive grin when I sold it...horrid thing. Bought a Datsan and very looked back. Just getting used to imperial socket sets was confusing enough 3/16 this 3/8 that...ever tried to remove a flywheel off a mini....mine took out the side of the garage...man did it shift off....OK..I was jumping on a strong arm extension of about 3 feet with my best mate pushing against the block to stop the twist...then bam....turned out it has hairline fractures through it....hmmm and guess where the flywheel sits in relation to your crown jewels...that's right...if it tears loose..those little teeth cut through the ali cowl and rip right through the fire wall right up between your legs...horrid tings minis.

I degress....:tapemouth

The "poms" weren't very good at making cheap cars...the engineers from Japan are famous for taking a BL engine and turning it into a real motor. Just look at the Datsun A series engines. Rumour has it they were based on a MG/BL 1275 engine but done properly. The mini engine had only 3...LOL ...yup..3 main bearings and a gear box that shared the engine oil:sick: . My God...what were they thinking....can you tell yet...I really lost my rag with British Leyland and Morris Garages....:finger:

Calm...breath...drink water.......:mad:

IMHO the only great cards to come out of "Blightly" are the old Jag's and Land Rovers.

:D