IGNORED

240z cartoon

driftmunky

You can't get the genuine ones from Nissan anymore. That's why the replicas started becoming available ( from about 1974 onwards actually! ).

You can still get the bonnet hinges ( different on the ZG ) and the headlamp covers, but none of the genuine plastic parts. Incidentally, the front "bumper" was made of expanded urethane foam. Its kind of soft to the touch, like old skateboard wheels.

There are replicas and there are replicas. The better kits seem to come from Japan ( five pieces for the nose and then the four "overfenders" and the headlamp covers are seperate ). Even then they leave a lot of fabrication, whereas the genuine factory part was laid up really well and had loads of captive nuts in it. It really was a "bolt-on" job. However, bolting all the parts on ( even real factory parts ) did not make a "normal" Z into a true ZG.

Some of the kits that are available in the aftermarket are not very good..........

Alan ( pedantic ) T.

Oh, and the rear spoiler on the ZG was just the standard spoiler like all the other ones ( except the optional "deep" spoiler with the two ribs on the window side ).

However, some ZG's came out of the factory with no rear spoilers and the dealers or owners fitted them later. That's why you sometimes see different emblem postioning on the rear spoilers of genuine ZG's.

Anybody looking for a schoolmasterly talking-to on the subject of these models please form an orderly queue here..........

Alan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yes, this is an advertisement for a new game for the PS2.

It is based on a "manga" ( Japanese comic ) series from the early 90's called "Wangan Midnight", which was published in a series of small paperback book-style episodes by "Yanmaga" ( Young Magazines ).

The "Wangan" is the nickname given to the Tokyo Bayshore Route motorway which curves from Yokohama right round to Chiba, and has always been popular with street racers since it was built. There are very many comics and animated videos that use the street racing theme in Japan, but they are all rather childish and the drawings in the comics themselves are rather basic ( because of the quantity in each episode and the amount of episodes they pump out ). The stories leave rather a lot to be desired too. The animated version is rather better, and the game should be better still - but I doubt if it can play better than the mighty GT3 on PS2....

what you al ways wanted to know!

Commic Book on Hyper TUNED S30 Fairlady Z

Other phenomenal boom is so called "Wangan Mid-night", a very popular comics about modified S30 Fairlady (First generation Z model) with L28 3.1L twin turbo car driven by Akio. "Wangan" means bay shore and refers to the high way which goes along Tokyo Bay. The story of the comic is pure integrity of group of people who drives that freeway at the speed of over 300 km/h. (I am not sure whether they really exist or not. I have not gone back to Tokyo for two years now.) Akio and his friends pursue their high speed public road racing to beat his legendary Fairlady Z tuned by Kazami tuner from hell. The Z is rumored to have its own will, sort of thing which reminds me of Christine by Steven King, and just show royalty to Akio only. The Z and Akio were challenged by their rivals and friends who drives modern cars such as Porsche 964Turbo, Skyline GT-R and RX-7. Akio even builds modified Supra with genious auto body builder Takagi to provide his rival a car that can beat his Z.

regards,

• 1 month later...

the polygon model looks almost the same as the one in tokyo xtreme racer 2 on the SEGA Dreamcast.

the 240z is the fastest car in the game, out of over 200 rice burners, porshes and the viper, when fully modded!

notice it's not copywrited because of the missing datsun badge in front. also the name datsun is spelled incorrectly on the back of the car. but, other than that, its a perfect match.

• 2 years later...

I know I'm a *little* late to this party so the problem I'm running into is to be expected. However, I'm trying to watch the videos of the 240Z and all the links are dead. Does anyone have these saved or new working links to them?

• 3 weeks later...