IGNORED

Warning To All About Paypal!!!

cremmenga

Hi guys, these are known fraud emails. As a rule of thumb, NEVER NEVER follow a link in an email and type in your information on the web page that follows. In fact, never follow any URL in an email.

You are correct, the link in your email may have 'appeared' to show the correct URL (in the email), but, when you click on it... make sure you look at the URL listed in your browser.

The ONLY way to be sure if this is a fraud or not is to log directly into Paypal yourself (by typing in the URL in your browser). Log in and check your information.

Welcome to the world of Phishing. I've seen these from eBay, Amazon, Citibank, Bank of New York and many more. The main rule is not to click on links from within an e-mail when someone is requesting that you provide any sort of information, and certainly that you don't provide any private info on a page linked to from the email. Legitimate emails will direct you to visit their website via the registered domain name you are familiar with. I generally ignore even legitimate requests and go directly to the site myself anytime a vendor asks me to update or confirm any of my info. Better safe than sorry.