IGNORED

Gas for $1.98 a gallon here!

gogriz91

NC is at about 2.05 - 2.16 per gallon. Hey Mike and guys from GA, is there still a moretorium(sic) on the state gas tax down there?

No, that only lasted until the end of September. That caused another mad rush on stations in the days before the tax was reinstated. Stations were once again depleted. The other bone-headed thing our governor did (in my opinion only and I did vote for him) was to cancel school for a couple of days in order to save diesel fuel for school buses. I'm guessing that one school bus equals about four SUVs in terms of consumption and all of those parents had to take the kids somewhere for those days.

Went back home to Charleston, SC for Thanksgiving and saw a gas station that had 87 for $1.89, 89 $1.99, and 93 for $2.09... which was an amazingly great deal compared to the $2.35,$2.45 and $2.55 here in NY. I also noticed that prices did not change for the holiday like they usually do... hmmmm?

Just filled up my Ford Mondeo in Birmingham, UK with diesel for $6.96 per (UK)gallon !!!!!! So don't complain to much my US friends. Can George give Tony a discount please ?

UK Fuel Costs 75% Tax?

According to this guy five years ago, you folks in the UK pay 75% of your $6.96/gal in taxes. Tony & Parliament needs to give you guys a discount. I'd hate to see that happen here. I don't think the US wouldn't make it.

Yeah, I saw on the BBC today where the NHS dental program is going down the tubes. They can't seem to tax working Britons enough to make the rest of the system work.

I also saw the tax on hybrids. Wrote it off to being the difference between having a Repub versus a Dem in th White House.

At least the Z is paid for and filling it up isn't too terribly expensive.