IGNORED

keyed up

zhead240

sblake01 – self proclaimed “Datsonologist”: “They can be found though it isn't easy but I can see no reason to pay such an outlandish price as the eBay auction. It's just a key, for Christ's sake! If your're worried about originality at the car show, keep your keys in you pocket.”

Again, if you can find them, sell them yourself and thanks for the unsolicited opinion. I never said I was worried about originality at a car show, just wanted the keys to complete my car. I’m happy with them and could careless what you think.

I just find it interesting that you answer what you percieve to be personal attacks or unsolicited opinions with personal attacks and unsolicited opinions. Until you came in with your rant, no one, at least not I, knew who you were. So how can that be personal? My statement was a generalization. My opinion, that's all. You have your reasons for wanting those key blanks at that price and I have my reasons why I wouldn't. Can't we all just get along?

Amazing. I watched those keys and gave up after I realized that they were going to go for a high price. I was interested in the left hand key in particular that went for over $100.00, because I thought it would work in my Skyline. I did get an original key blank from England, of all places, but it's the square head one. And that's only the ignition key . . . the key that opens the doors and trunk is impossible to find. I can tell you this much, if those keys are available, they sure are hard to come by. I live in Japan and those key blanks are NLA from Nissan.

My keys are like Ricks, one for the ingition, and one for everything else.
Mine are also one for ignition, and one for everything else. In addition, the key code sticker is still on the inside of my glovebox door, and it seems to confirm that as well (as best I can read it).

I'm kind of fussy about my keys also, and if my car were closer to complete, I'm sure that I would pay a sizeable amout for proper original key blanks. Unfortunately there are SO MANY things right now that I need far worse than nice keys. By the time I'm ready for them, who knows how much I'll have to pay?

• 2 weeks later...