IGNORED

14" tires

george71z

Maybe so, I'm not going to change it until I drive it. But for the way I intend to drive my car (some commuting and some grand touring) I may want the taller gearing later. No big deal, if I want a 3.36 later there's lots of them available.

My car has 205/60-14s on it now (just generic cheapies, nothing good). My problem is that once I get the four speed in it with the auto rear axle ratio, I'm probably going to want a taller tire than 205/60-14 for highway cruising. I'd want to go with 225/60-14, but the choices aren't good. Since I need new wheels anyway, I'll probably try to go 15" instead.

I ran a 3.54 and a 4 speed with the same size tires for about a year. On the open road I turned 400-4500 rpm all the time, got a little loud at times but I had instant power on the hills. Around town that set up was great the gearing was very nice.

Maybe so, I'm not going to change it until I drive it. But for the way I intend to drive my car (some commuting and some grand touring) I may want the taller gearing later. No big deal, if I want a 3.36 later there's lots of them available.

My 3.70s gives me about 3K at 65MPH . Over a vary long drive say a 1000 miles or so , it could get to be a little much . If so I am going to install a race grade glass pack near the trans to kill what resonence that there is . This will help quiet things down even further . I did install sound deadining through the interior before reassembly so the cars is relitively quiet now. Which helps on a long drive. Incidently the regular glass pack mufflers use a luver type of perferation inside the pipe which blocks air flow . the race type uses plain holes and no decrease of flow .

Dunlop Sport A2 Plus's come in 14" sizes and are one of the best performance tires you will find at that size. I have a set (205/60/14 H rated) on now and they are good for very hard driving. The Michelin Pilot Exalto only comes in a 195/65/14 and is too high a sidewall and too skinny for my taste though its a better compound. BF Goodrich Traction T/A's look pretty good too, they also come in 205/60/14 and are rated higher than the Dunlops.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi my name is manuel, how much are you asking for your two tires? and can you tell me more about them. I have 215/60/14 all the way around. I'm planning a long trip into mexico and could use a good set for the trip. Just in case. Thanks, Manuel E-mail legutiman@yahoo.com]The A-509 is the best tire by far I ever had on my Z. Super sticky. I have 2 in my garage w/few miles in size 205/60-14 if anybody is interested.

I just cannot find another pair to match. I put new Sumimotos on it last year.

Very good but not like the old A-509's.