IGNORED

How can I find a 240Z to look at/drive in Tampa?

240Zgrogster

26th-Z,

Just took a look at the Central Florida list and noticed a) you are a member and B) they had a recent run to DeLeon Springs in/near DeLand.

Did you go? Interestingly, my parents retired to DeLand, so I spend time down there. My in-laws are in Longwood, and with 2 young children, we do Disney 2-3 times per year....maybe I should join the Central Florida club!!

How was the Z run (if you went)? I love the breakfast at the Sugar Mill!!!!

Rich,

I'm registered on a bunch of the club sites around the state. I'm involved in a consortium of Florida clubs called the Florida Z Association, Inc. We're the guys who are going to put on the ZCCA convention in 2007. Daytona. October. The FZA is currently nine guys from five clubs and the last I heard, the South Florida club is jumping in. In addition to all the regional club activities, the FZA holds thier own events and our group evolved from the guys who put on Z-Fest for the last three or four years. We intend to hold several events annually, awarding points at each event, and awarding championships at the end of the year. Its called the FZA Challenge and it kicks off Aprill 22nd in Gainesville with a Solo / Autocross. I'm about a week away from an official announcement and registration form.

Now, I'm over on the left coast and don't get too involved in club stuff out of my area. No, I didn't go on the run. My major problem being that Her Majesty continues to spa and relax at the body shop, however she does have some clothes on and she's not laying around in the bare metal any more. I'm hoping she gets off her arse and shows up in Daytona.

I don't really know what's going on with my Suncoast club. The newsletter said picnic at DeSoto March 11. And then Rob and Jim and I talked about a picnic / car show on April 1 instead, but that's the St. Pete Grand Prix weekend, so we moved it to April 8. Then the autocross contract happened. Then, the 350Z club proposed a major car show with us in July, an FZA points event, so we may go back to the original March 11 picnic. I don't know. Its not my call.

I hear Greg was introduced to the same character that got me into this Z addiction of mine. Watch out, Greg! He's dangerous! The next step to your sickness is going to be your visit to the Mecca! You'll fall into the same hopeless spiral I did!

Chris