IGNORED

Stretching my wife's patience...

Arne

Wow, I feel a little sorry for some of you married guys! A large number of my friend, who are married, spout the same stories about their wives! What ever happened to the MAN of the house? It seems that more and more men are rolling over to every wish of their spouse.....they're girly men as I see it (some call them METROSEXUALS)! Why is it, that its mostly the womens way or the highway? Unbelievable, as it may seem, these girly men just whimp out and go along with the wife's wishes....I'm not talking about trying to keep a happy compromise but, totally complying to every wish! Sounds to me as though these women have a real problem maintaining a compromise in their relationship, not the man! Oh, I love being single....got my toys, don't have to listen to constant bitching, Don't have to walk on thin ice during PMS, if I need to get layed....not a problem, schedualing time for myself is a not brainer, shall I continue? :tapemouth

P.S. I'm ready for the nasty comments now!!!

P.S.S. Vicky, having met you in person I don't include you as one of the undesirable spouses......so please be kind!

Nothing wrong with being married -- it's give and take. I might be an exception in that my wife looks like she walked off of a Playboy photo shoot, but she's a good woman too!

Heck, I have 2 nice cars (240Z and an XKE), a classic motorcycle, and a big honking STAG ZTR mower!

Yes, do the dinner thing, get her a nice card (and maybe flowers) for V-Day. It really doesn't take much, you just have to give a little to get a little!

Sorry, 240ZX, I won't bite on that. After 27+ years my wife is an important part of who I am. You should never assume that the compromises are one-way only. She compromises to my wants just as much as I do to hers. Like Rich, I have no complaints - always nice cars, nice motorcycles, ATV's etc. I've not suffered for lack of toys.

Frankly, I don't envy you at all. You've obviously not met the right woman yet, which doesn't surprize me much as your attitude (like many people in our culture these sorry days) seems to be extremely self-centered.

Enjoy your single life, dude. I wouldn't trade with you.

Wow, I feel a little sorry for some of you married guys! A large number of my friend, who are married, spout the same stories about their wives! What ever happened to the MAN of the house?

That sounds like it came from a single guy who's a true vetran... :laugh:

As my uncle once told me, "Never under-estimate the power of the p****." It has started wars, torn-apart families, and caused men to drive mini-vans. It's just the way it is.

Relationships are a give-give situation and I always believe in treating my lady with nothing but royalty. ;)

-- MIke

My life is Sooooooo much better with the wife. Clearly, if you could see me and my wife together, I married up.

That said, she tolerates my car habit because it helps me be who I am. I am conscious not to go overboard, and make sure I don't neglect her or my family. It helps a lot to know what your spouse likes to do (mine likes cooking and gardening), so i make sure I encourage her to enjoy her hobbies as much as I do mine.

The best part is when she comes downstairs in the garage when I'm working on the Z, smacks me on the butt and says something about how sexy "it" looks. She leaves it up to me to figure out what she's referring to....

Well, I'm single now and fairly happy with the way thing are right now, although I wouldn't mind having someone to share my life with besides my son. He's really the center of my life right now. My problem is that I'm so comfortable with the way thing are at this point that any woman would have to be a very special for me to consider changing my current style of living, but I'm certainly open to it. Now, if I could just find an honest, sane, reliable and decent woman interested in automobiles, computers and the outdoors I'd be in heaven. The biggest problem has been the honest/sane/reliable part. I must be looking in all the wrong places. :)

Sorry, 240ZX, I won't bite on that. After 27+ years my wife is an important part of who I am. You should never assume that the compromises are one-way only. She compromises to my wants just as much as I do to hers. Like Rich, I have no complaints - always nice cars, nice motorcycles, ATV's etc. I've not suffered for lack of toys.

Frankly, I don't envy you at all. You've obviously not met the right woman yet, which doesn't surprize me much as your attitude (like many people in our culture these sorry days) seems to be extremely self-centered.

Enjoy your single life, dude. I wouldn't trade with you.

Well Arne, you've provided the best and only insult so far. I quess I must strive to become as attitude correct as you! Funny the things one will say and then do quite the opposite....as in "I won't bit on that"...and then bit down till the teeth meet...ROFL ROFL ROFL Interesting how explaining some factual observations about my friends seems make you think I have an attitude problem! It seems to me that with comments like..."You've obviously have not met the right woman yet, which doesn't surprise me much as your attitude (like many people in our culture these sorry days) seems to be extremely self centered"...you may be the one branishing the ATTITUDE!!! Come to think of it, I tend to look upon these days as really good days...maybe that's because I try to look at thinks with a positive and optimistic attitude! I'm sure however, you intend no malice in your reply but, that you are just venting due to an overly correct attitude! That's OK....I'm not offended by your reply, just having some fun with it!

Who said anything about chicken?

Ya see in hollywood the saying is : no business like show business. But in my hood, it's no business like Ho business :devious:

Good Lord Bill!!! Hershey's. Harshies candy is......harsh!

Your sales will be good? I know my husband won't be taking me out for chicken on Valentines Day. That's about the funniest thing I've heard.

Vicky

Well Arne, you've provided the best and only insult so far. I quess I must strive to become as attitude correct as you! Funny the things one will say and then do quite the opposite....as in "I won't bit on that"...and then bit down till the teeth meet...ROFL ROFL ROFL Interesting how explaining some factual observations about my friends seems make you think I have an attitude problem! It seems to me that with comments like..."You've obviously have not met the right woman yet, which doesn't surprise me much as your attitude (like many people in our culture these sorry days) seems to be extremely self centered"...you may be the one branishing the ATTITUDE!!! Come to think of it, I tend to look upon these days as really good days...maybe that's because I try to look at thinks with a positive and optimistic attitude! I'm sure however, you intend no malice in your reply but, that you are just venting due to an overly correct attitude! That's OK....I'm not offended by your reply, just having some fun with it!
1.) The "I won't bite" was referring to the "girly man" comment. Didn't figure it deserved any response.

2.) Actually, I really don't think you have a problem at all. What I perceive of your outlook on life is VERY limited, being based solely on a single post here in this forum. Hardly enough to make a valid judgement.

3.) My "self-centered" remark was directed a bit at you, but it's not your fault, and I can't even say that it's wrong. It is though, a very common attitude in our culture today. Sadly so, in my opinion, but that's just me.

4.) Finally, I'm really surprized at the direction this thread has taken. I included the references to my wife's thoughts as a small counterpoint - the real topic was supposed to be the parts I picked up yesterday. Oh well... :tapemouth

1.) The "I won't bite" was referring to the "girly man" comment. Didn't figure it deserved any response.

2.) Actually, I really don't think you have a problem at all. What I perceive of your outlook on life is VERY limited, being based solely on a single post here in this forum. Hardly enough to make a valid judgement.

3.) My "self-centered" remark was directed a bit at you, but it's not your fault, and I can't even say that it's wrong. It is though, a very common attitude in our culture today. Sadly so, in my opinion, but that's just me.

4.) Finally, I'm really surprized at the direction this thread has taken. I included the references to my wife's thoughts as a small counterpoint - the real topic was supposed to be the parts I picked up yesterday. Oh well... :tapemouth

Interesting reply Arne!

1.) I'll buy into that.

2 & 3.) If not a problem, why the insults? So, having a positive and optimistic outlook is limited??? With the amount of information you have on me or anyone else for that matter, its just common curtesy to say or imply nothing rather than provide your own dreamed up opion of someone.

4.) Your suprised....it seems that most everyone replying to your original post must have felt the focus was on how your wife feels about you and Z parts.

Again, you keep digging a deeper hole with your replies!?!? Reading comprehension can be a fun subject!

I'M DONE....Have a nice day Arne :classic:

I'd just like to say that my wife is my best friend. I have been married once before for 6 years, got divorced, and lived the single life for 13 years. Then, my sister introduced me to the most wonderful woman! We dated for 2 years, and have been married for 1 and a half. We've only had one fight in that time. She's a nurse and works 3 nights a week at a nearby hospital, so I get three nights a week of Kennytime to putter in the garage, jam on the guitar, watch the toob, etc... the other 4 days of the week we spend together, not out of any sense of obligation, but for the simple fact that we WANT to spend time together!

Here's an example of how great she is: I can bring home a bunch of dirty, oily car parts from the salvage yard, bring them into the house and clean them in the kitchen sink without her even batting an eye (I always clean up thoroughly afterwards). Now, if she came out into the garage and started potting plants or something, I'd probably go nutz!