• Internet 240z Club
    • Internet Z Club
    • Early Zcar Club
    • Classic Zcar Club
    • Classic Z Club
    • Classic Internet Zcar Club
    • Internet Zcar Club Classic
    • Other: See reply

I note that other people have seen the similarities to other "clubs" out there.

IZCC has been used, so has ZCCA, ZCAR has also been used. Z Driver is yet another site.

Trying to stand out by using the shortest, I would vote for just plain old "Z". The logo would be as it is already in use on the home page, you could register the other names and point them here.

If you MUST use a lengthy name, then realize that the internet plays a large part of the club, and therefore we have posters from other countries, Denmark and Australia and France to name a few.

Why not Zed-Z? The English and Aussies get their Zed in there (yes you Canadians do also) and the rest of the world gets their Z.

So in that respect, I'm with Guy-Geo. But then, in keeping with the KISS principle.... Z.org

So, by not voting, (cause I'm not particular to any one of the names posted) I'm hoping to get a write-in.

Hi guys,

I might have misled you a little. I'm not really talking about domain names at this point because I think we already have two domains (240z.org and classicZcars.com).

I'm really talking about the name of the club. The domains can follow the name and if we want to add another easy to use domain, no problem.... but, our name is important.

We started out as the Internet 240z Club. Since then, we've grown to support all early Z's. So, how do we reflect that in our name?

Other clubs support all Zcars and I don't think we need to saturate that market. We started out with the classic Z. And, most people know the Z because of the classic. That's why I think we'll grow tremendously.

This is all my opinion of course. Maybe later we'll want to grow and support all Z's. But, do we really want to go that route? Maybe this should be a discussion about our future rather than just our name. What do you think?

I vote for just

Z

The MAIN logo for the site incorporates this into a logo very very nicely, and it would look just great on a T-Shirt or Polo, especially if we remove the wording on the red part. Just the Z.

Besides, people WILL ask about it, and that gives us a chance to talk it up!

May I suggest that a short email be sent to all members informing if this important vote and that they should visit the site to have their say. Some may not have visited for a little while, or go straight to the forums without seeing the main page.

Just a thought

Doug

May I suggest that a short email be sent to all members informing if this important vote and that they should visit the site to have their say. Some may not have visited for a little while, or go straight to the forums without seeing the main page.

Great idea Doug! In fact, I haven't sent the latest club newsletter yet. So, I better get on top of that as well.

The names given to vote on are just few possibilities. Whichever is decided on, I beleive, should be such that it can be easily found on the Inter-Net. I originally found the club by searching on "240 (space) Z". Since all early Z's are now the focus, I think the name should include the letter "Z" by itself or "Z (space) car" somewhere in the name since that's how Z (Z car) owners always refer to these babies. That's my two cents.