IGNORED

Let's see some wheels!

veritech-z

Hey everybody, I thought this might be fun. Post a picture of your wheels, either on your car or otherwise. I accidentally side-tracked a perfectly good thread by getting caught up in a hubcap and subsequent wheel discussion, and thought it might be interesting to see what everybody has. The only restriction is that these MUST be wheels you've actually got now, or a picture of wheels that you had at one time (if it was just wheels that we wanted, I'd be here all day talking about Impul Silhouettes and Advan Onis and whatnot). Be sure and give the name and specs if you know it, if not, that's cool too. I'll kick it off.

Momo Quasar 15X7" +30 offset (home made lug nut covers, they were missing for at least two owners by the time I got them)

momopix002.jpg

Impul Hoshino Racing RS-III 17X7" front, 17X8" rear, both in +38 offset

I've since painted these wheels, but don't have a picture of them on the car. they're the thumbnails at the bottom.

DSCI0018.jpg

Western 14X7" I don't know the model or offset of this wheel, I assume 0 offset, and I always called them the "turbine" wheel (with the qualification that it was the one with the tight spokes) [this is the same z as the other, just at an earlier point in it's life]

veritech-3.jpg

post-12930-14150799502605_thumb.jpg

post-12930-14150799502807_thumb.jpg

Okay this might take a while for me.

The 1970 240Z with factory steel wheels 14x5:

Dscn1257.jpg

The '77 280Z with factory 14x5.5 alloys:

Dscn1554.jpg

The '77 280Z with big fat Enkei 92 16x7 zero offset and zero backspace:

Dscn1588.jpg

The '78 280Z with Enkei 92 15x7 zero offset and zero backspace:

Dscn0823.jpg

The '81 280ZX with no name 16x7 black mesh wheels (zero offset and zero backspace):

DSCN2450.jpg

The 1982 280ZX when I first bought it with 14x6 factory alloys:

82280zx_13.jpg

....and now with 16x7 and 16x8 three piece Epsilon mesh wheels:

DSCN2445.jpg

The '86.1 300ZX with three piece ARE mesh wheels 16x7:

Dscn0437.jpg

The 86.2 with factory alloy wheels:

DSCN2003.jpg

The 350Z with factory alloys:

DSCN0376.jpg

How do you have a 7" wide wheel that is both 0 offset, AND 0 backspace? that wheel should have 4" of backspace at 0 offset (3.5" + .5" for the bead). Nice wheels though! I've never seen your 280z factory alloy before, that's a very cool wheel in my opinion. Also, you may have one of the nicest S130s I've ever seen (the grey one, but the maroon one is nice too).

Max,

That wheel is a bit of a question. If you measure the outside bead it measures eigt inches wide. The effect is somehwat augmented because those wheels when purchased utilized a Mustang bolt pattern which is 4 on 4.25" or 4x110mm. I purchased a set of custom wheel adapters and the minimum thickness had to be one inch which made the wheels seem even wider. I have since removed them and plan to have them re-drilled at the Wheel Collision Center in Bath, Pa. They also re-drilled the 16x7 ARE's on the 86 300ZX. Those wheels were originally bought for a Mercedes Benz and since they were three piece it made the job somewhat easier. It helped that those wheels were brand new out of the box just like the big 16x7 Enkei's.

All wheels will measure an inch wider on the outside bead, the advertised width is from inside to inside. The way you figure out backspace is to add an inch to your advertised width, divide it in half, and at 0 offset, this will be your backspacing. If you have positive offset, convert it to inches and add it to your backspace number, if you have negative, convert it and subtract from you backspace. For the record, I've got 1.5" spacers on my car that I need for both my MOMOs and my Impuls to fit correctly.

Here's my brand new wheels from Superlite Wheels (UK). Fresh out of the box. Finally got them, ordered them, and paid for them August 17th, 2006. Have'nt mounted them yet. Can you guess why?

Keep in mind, I have close to $3000.00 invested in these.

mvc020fdz2.jpg

mvc023fcy0.jpg

cimg0268ig0.jpg

See the video for run-out!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/55b16387-c33e-4710-834a-98c900a0ded8.htm