IGNORED

Fog Lamps

widget777

Hello,

The fog lamp is very rare here in Japan.We acturely could buy them as an option listed in the brochure.

Mr.Matsuo gave me only one fog lamp which he managed to find from his old stock yards.Remember Mr.Matsuo owned a 1971 Fairlady-Z(type Z,standard) and he bought hubcaps,fog lamps and some other stuff.He wanted to buy Z as soon as posssible when he had done Z's designe because he really proud and loved his job for S30 series.But at that time Nissan had to ignore emproyee's parchase,due to huge waiting lists all over the world.

We can not see the part number of the fog lamp in the NOV 1969 U.S. & CANADA catalog.But we can see them in the 1969 R-DRIVE S30 parts catalog.

Chris,you put the picture of yellow classic fog lamps they are 26150/26155-E4100 I think that picture came from a Yahoo Japan auction some years ago?Because I too was watching them for bidding.But I failed,my friend won for them.I also have saved that image in my computer when I was watching.

I put pictures of my only one fog lamp from Mr.Matsuo and a fog lamp switch of Jan 1970 Z432(PS30-00088) now restoration in progress.This switch's picture was taken by mobile phone camera so it is not good.

I need one more fog lamp.

kats

post-3193-14150799619427_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150799619774_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150799619984_thumb.jpg

Kats,

Thanks for the information. Can you let me know roughly what size those factory fog lights are? Also, where did they mount? I assume to the bumper.

Your web site is a wealth of great information.

Thanks so much for sharing. Love the blue car. My first experience was with a blue care with the white racing stripe. When I went to buy my early z, I just missed out on a blue car and ended up with a silver one on my way home.....

Thanks,

Bob:)

Warren,

Thank you for the compliment. I can assure you that I am not an expert on fog lights. I am, however, the beneficiary of my own experience. If you live in a geographical area that really requires fog lights then you should get a proper set. While in Belgium, I went through a successive series of lights with water getting in the housing, lenses getting fogged over, rust developing in the reflectors and little light cutting thru fog. Like many other folks, my motto was how little can I pay to get an acceptable outcome. Wrong thought process. But it seems like I always have to re-learn this lesson.

Most folks are not confronted with such adverse weather conditions and put lights out in front because they look cool or make the car go faster. In Europe you can get a ticket for running your fog lights when there’s no fog. Imagine that here? Anyway, I digress. Fact is PIAA are great lights and well worth your consideration. Jump on corvette forum and do a search and you shall find many more praises for such lights in both fog and driving format. My vette lights set me back $240 but on many a night driving through the Belgium countryside I would have happily paid double and would have been thankful for it.

On another note, there is really no such thing as a driving/fog light. It is one or the other. There are some sets made that are both but they have two housings/reflectors and two different bulbs.

Attached are my current PIAA driving lights… as I mentioned, they are not mounted in the ideal spot but have replaced my fogs which were mounted on the underside of the bumper. Also, I have included a pic of the relay, which is in white. The two black relays on the left of the PIAA are from Dave’s headlight wiring harness.

post-7417-14150799625513_thumb.jpg

post-7417-14150799625883_thumb.jpg

post-7417-14150799626142_thumb.jpg

26th Z<

what are the dimensions of teh light sets? I presume that you are selling both sets. If so , how much for the fog lamps. I am concerned that I will not be able to get replacement bulbs for the lights. Do you know what bulbs they use and the wattage?

I need to go out to the shop and get the lamps. I'll measure them and post some answers. I have two lamps = one set. I believe they were 280Z vintage Datsun options and I don't know if they are fog or driving lamps. They come with the Datsun covers.

Yes, fog lamps are made for a different lighting pattern than driving lamps. Driving lamps illuminate distance and cannot pierce the fog. Fog lamps illuminate the ground in front of the car and although they do not pierce the fog either, they are great for a wide range of illumination directly in front of the car.

I believe they were 280Z vintage Datsun options and I don't know if they are fog or driving lamps.
Chris, the ones you pictured are fogs, not driving. The heavily fluted lenses widen out the beam. Driving light lenses are very mildly patterned, if at all.

Yours look like Datsun-badged Bosch lights to me.