IGNORED

Fog Lamps

widget777

Hi,

geezer,I am not for sure about bracket,I have never seen it in my hand.But hopefuly I can tell you soon,the original fog lamp set with bracket is coming to my home.I will post its pictures.

I post two pictures of the fog lamp which is never seen in the U.S. & CANADA catalog.

The first one is a DEC 1970 RHD DATSUN SPORTS 240Z catalog.The second one is a late 1972 Fairlady-Z catalog.

kats

post-3193-14150799790749_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150799791226_thumb.jpg

• 7 years later...

This is an old thread but I'd like to ask about the wires on the fog lights. The harness has two wires for each light, as shown in the diagram. The replica fog lights being made now have one wire, just the "hot lead".

When installing a replica set, what does one do for the common/ground? Should the "ground wire" in the harness be fastened to the fog light bolt or ?

Thank you.

When I mounted my driving lamps, I was able to use the bumper as the earth leg. I checked for a good connection from the bumper to the chassis first. I put an eyelet connector on the ground wire and that went on the attachment bolt under the nut. the 'hot' wire was carefully routed to the cigarette lighter inside (which is temporary until I get a relay setup installed.)

When I put the "El Cheapo" driving lights on my Z, I did as suggested by TomoHawk put a relay into the driving light circuit to put less stress on the overall circuitry of the car.

Where did you get the power feed for the relay? Not from the wiring, I hope. I mounted a terminal post on the side near the starter, then a heavy wire to the battery feed to the starter. You can get many feeds off the post then.

post-2169-14150828409342_thumb.jpg

Does the original Z wiring which contains the leads for the fog lights come from the dash switch? I have the toggle, with long handle, above the hazard light switch. I like the long toggle for flipping the lights on or off with hand on the wheel.