IGNORED

SpareTire

graham53

I got a space-saver spare tire from a Honda (15 inch) and one from an '84 300ZX today at the local junkyard.

While the 300ZX wheel looks deep it in fact will NOT fit over the 240SX rear calipers. That's good because it weighs a ton.

The Honda fits, just with a hair-breath of clearance. It now sits in my spare tire well.

I will return the 300ZX spare and try and find another Honda. It wasn't in any specific car so I don't what year or model.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I know this thread is old, but...what did you guys do? I have the modern motorsport 13" brake setup all around and will be going on a long drive this spring. (route 66) I thought of porsche, infinity, ect. with 17" wheels and those skinny spares. Adapter or redrilling will take care of the bolt pattern. I just need to fit over the calipers. So, has anyone figured it out?

neal

I found a compact spare at the local pick n pull. It only fits over the rears (240sx caliper conversion), but if a front fails, then I'll swap a rear to the front and put the spare on the rear. I can't tell you what car it's from since it was loose. Measure the min diameter to clear the inside rim, the max offset of the caliper from the hub face, and the diameter of your current tires. Then walk the JY with a tape measure :)

• 14 years later...
Posted (edited)

Resurrecting this thread.  

I have the MilkFab rear disc conversion, and the ZcarDepot front larger brake kit - after my Volvo C30 broken wheel on the NY Thruway construction zone, I'm paranoid about driving the other cars with no spares. I'm going to Ohio in August in the Z - at this point I'm not longer comfortable running with no spare. Before anyone mentions it, I do have AAA, however being stuck for hours due to a flat is not something I'm willing to experinence (again)

Some ppl mentioned using a Honda Accord spare - (I'm assuming '05-'06 range based on date of original post). EDIT - looking on line '02 was the last Accord to have a 4x114.3 bolt pattern. I have no access to JY, so I'll need more concrete input if possible, since I'll have to order one off eBay if I go that route. I would rather not get a full size  wheel & tire spare, as that will not fit in the well on my 75

Edited by HusseinHolland

5 minutes ago, HusseinHolland said:

I would rather not get a full size  wheel & tire spare, as that will not fit in the well on my 75

Why won't a full size fit? I thought the 75 had the big spare well? They didn't change to the smaller spare tire well until 77.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Why won't a full size fit? I thought the 75 had the big spare well? They didn't change to the smaller spare tire well until 77.

I have 205/50x15's - pretty sure it is too deep, that said, I didn't actually try one..... 🤪

PXL_20230426_200050780.jpg

PXL_20230412_222713348.jpg

Edited by HusseinHolland