IGNORED

spark plug gap

nismospek

.031-.035 seems to be the acceptd range for an L24 w/points. Since you already have those Iridium plugs, run em but next time I'd recommend the standard NGK BP 6ES. You'll get differing opinions but the majority would agree.

Everyone's right about the standard NGK plugs in a Z. Before you go regaping those iridium plugs though, DON'T!!!!! If you try to gap iridium plugs you will crack the ceramic. That tiny little iridium tip isn't strong enough to take the force of a plug gapper pressing the ground electrode out, it will give and crack the ceramic around it. Most of the iridiums usually have a warning on the box telling you not to regap the plugs.

cool, thanks won't try to regap them. I'm trying to trouble shoot my engine seems to backfire through the carbs a little during the warm up stage. I have the carbs set at about 3.5 turns out. I thought maybe they where a little too lean.

The carbs will run lean during warm up unless the choke is set. I would swap to the standard NGK plugs now and see if your lean backfire doesnt go away. Your money would be better spent on switching to a newer 280Z electronic distributor with E12-80 module and a hotter coil. The swap is quite easy and it will provide a better overall ignition system.

The carbs will run lean during warm up unless the choke is set. I would swap to the standard NGK plugs now and see if your lean backfire doesnt go away. Your money would be better spent on switching to a newer 280Z electronic distributor with E12-80 module and a hotter coil. The swap is quite easy and it will provide a better overall ignition system.

But if you do that swap you'll want to go to the NGK B6ES-11 and gap them at .039-.043.

But if you do that swap you'll want to go to the NGK B6ES-11 and gap them at .039-.043.
I've found that NGK BPR6EY-11 (V-Power) also work great with the E12-80 ignition, and might be easier to find in some places.