IGNORED

NISSAN GTR......wow!

240ZX

On Sunday, late morning, I was driving back from the desert on my way home from riding my dirt bike when I got to see a new GTR. I was on hwy 138, a long two lane road running between Interstate 5 (near Gorman) and the 14 freeway (in SoCal), when I noticed a bunch of cars pulling onto 138 from a side road. They were all blowing through the stop, at least until I came upon them, splitting the group in two. All the cars appeared to be high end sports cars but, I could not identify the cars ahead of me nor the ones behind me now. I figured they would eventually go by me and sure enough they started going by at....I'm guessing 80 to 90 mph (I was cruising at 65). The first car by was a black w/white stripes Ford GT40, next was an orange Porsche GT3, then a BMW M6....then, and to my delight a silver GTR. All I could say was WOW!!! The car looks way better in person than any of the photos I've ever seen! The sound of all these awsome cars was just amazing. There were also many vettes and M3 beemers in the group. Anyway, it certainly spiced up my drive home Sunday so, I wanted to share the experience with you all.

Tom

I hope it looks better in person. Im sorry to say it but in my opinion the GTR is a ugly car. I would rather be seen in a 350z.

In that case, you won't have to worry about seeing anything except the GT-R's tailights, and that won't last very long.LOL

The GT-R is a great car as benchmarks have shown. Even for a daily driver it isn't that bad.

Though I wouldn't want to get one because of

A.) No manual

B.) Depends too heavily on computers

I would still rather pick up a Viper myself. It is pretty much the closest thing to my Z. Performs just as good and better then all the imports, but the most technology that it has is in its GPS.:eek:

One thing that would suck about it as an owner if you tracked it often, is if you blew the transmission, you have to take the engine back to Japan to get a transmission geared for it. Then, if your engine blows, you have to buy a brand new engine AND transmission.

Since the engines are hand made, each engine is different. Thus, Nissan gears each transmissions ONLY for the engine it is going to be bolted to.

Still get a TON of product for your money though, which is pretty sweet. I wonder what the markups look like though.