IGNORED

NISSAN GTR......wow!

240ZX

In my opinion, if one has the funds to purchase a car like the GT-R, it's likely one would be able to pay for expensive maintanance.....if not, one would be foolish to purchase such a car! Just like some of the other supercars out there that have composite brake rotors.....at about $10K for replacement! All that aside.....the GT-R certainly looks awsome in person and sounds delightful under full throttle. Made my heart pick up a few beats anyway! Like a certain over stuffed man has said repeatedly...."Do I need a car like this? Well no! Do I want a car like this? Absolutely!!!"

Tom

Nissan list price for rotors and pads is around 5k

350Z Nissan OEM Brembo rotors and pads are around 2300, sounds high right"? but plenty of aftermarket options that are much cheaper, so I am sure there will also be cheaper options for the GT-R

yes it is a supercar but it is still a Nissan so ownership costs wont be at the Ferrari level

I hope it looks better in person. Im sorry to say it but in my opinion the GTR is a ugly car. I would rather be seen in a 350z.

I was of the same mind as you, in pictures they somehow look quite characterless and emotionless, but in person, they look impossibly tough with a great stance. I'm a fan of how they look, but I agree that the maintenance costs are a little scary :D

The ZR1 goes around the ring faster, but most drivers would die within 5 seconds on the ring anyway...

It's hardly got the fastest top speed money can buy, but again, this winds up being a moot point to most drivers...

To whom the only visible, meaningful statistic of performance is the 0-60 time, which the GTR will absolutely stomp anything in, and for half the price of its nearest competitors...

And it has a back seat ROFL

So I guess it can't be a sports car anyway ;)

Looks hardly matter in terms of this car... but I don't understand why they had to make it so damn ugly. Oh well. When I'm a hedge fund manager it'll be first on my list, and I'll consider it a bargain.

Edited by Danglybanger

Whats this? I havn't heard this before...

Well apparently the bore liners are a sprayed on plasma coating (0.15mm thin), and the 100,000km service involves removing the engine, dis-assembling it, and having the bores re-coated. This was printed in "Motor" magazine, issue May 2008. (I believe they have reprinted it in other issues). So it may or may not be entirely accurate.

After a quick search on google, it seems that no one really confirms or denies it. Though there's nothing about it in the US Service and Maintenance booklet pdf.

Maybe its just another case of Automotive journalists not knowing wtf they are talking about.