IGNORED

Radio Console part needed

EScanlon

Wanted:

Radio Console surround, Blue.

This is to get a theft recovery vehicle back on the road in good condition.

Let me know if you have one.

E

What model/year Z is this for? I haven't seen any radio surrounds that weren't black (except for the very early grey ones).

-Mike

The person I'm listing this for just stated it as a piece for the 79-83 ZX's, and I'm hoping to get more information from him tomorrow.

It isn't the faceplate itself, apparently this part surrounds the radio AND the heater control area. (I'm not very familiar with the ZX, so I'm not sure what he is referring to.)

I'll post tomorrow.

E

Went to see my mechanic, (that's who's doing the repairs for the woman that owns the car... her "baby").

The car is a 81 280 ZX, and it is the plastic "surround" that attaches to the dash on the underside and in the center of the car. It includes the Ash Tray and Cigarette Lighter. The thieves yanked on the plastic trying to rip the radio out of the car and broke the driver's side of the plastic.

Hope someone can help get this woman's car back to her in good shape.

Thanks in advance.

Enrique

I'll take a look at the donors in town. They may not be blue (don't remember), but they will work...

I'll post photos of the yard cars consoles once I take some. For reference here is a shot of my interior.

post-11908-14150804945755_thumb.jpg

Edited by zbane

Yes, this will be shipped tomorrow, minus the radio, dirt, cobwebs, and cig butts that were in the ashtray.

I spoke with the mechanic and told him about the faded color, I imagine that there is a SEM product that will match-it seems to be a standard version of Navy Blue.

post-11908-1415080495054_thumb.jpg

post-11908-14150804951574_thumb.jpg

post-11908-14150804952718_thumb.jpg

post-11908-14150804953758_thumb.jpg

post-11908-14150804954766_thumb.jpg

post-11908-14150804955651_thumb.jpg