IGNORED

I need an enclosed carhauler 18 to 20 feet

Carl Beck

Hi Mike:

Wondered what happened there. Here are some pictures of the trailer. Standard features can be viewed at:

Freedom Trailers|Trailers

My trailer had the standard features plus V-Nose and Ramp Door w/Flap. I bought the V-Nose because that is what was delivered to Tampa. I'm not sure it is any better towing, but I do like the extra room. The Ramp Door with flap flips out when the ramp is down, and give you a little extension that sits lower to the ground. - simply makes pulling the car slowly up on the loading ramp easier. The full width fold down rear/ramp makes loading the car far easier than using individual ramps for the tires on Open Trailers.

Pictured below - the trailer hooked up to my Chevy 2500HD. I've towed the same trailer with a Chevy 1500 and GMC Yukon XL. It's not much weight as trailers go - even with the Z loaded the total is less than 6000 lbs. So relatively light duty for any of them. Nonetheless - using the 2500HD makes for an easier and more relaxed drive. The extra weight of the truck plus the longer wheel base just makes the rig far more stable at speed and/or in cross winds. Fuel mileage was about the same using any of them - 9 to 10 mpg at 70-75mph.

2500HDandTrailer.jpg

Pictured below - this is the Weight Distribution Trailer Hitch. It just transfers some of the load, from the front of the trailer to the rear wheels of the truck. WD Trailer Hitches allow higher tongue weights, without exceeding the vehicles tow ratings. Also on the side of the WD hitch - you can see the Reese anti-sway device. This is just an adjustable friction slide that dampens sway in cross winds. Or when you pass or are passed by big 18 wheelers..

Hitch3.jpg

Pictured below - Here is Will helping me load the Z at Amelia Island. You can see the interior of the trailer. Although it is pretty basic it is fully finished with 3/8" plywood. {less expensive trailers use partial board or cheap wood paneling on thinner steel frames}. More expensive use white vinyl covering over the plywood and are a little brighter inside. You can have vinyl tile on the floor as well. Just takes more money - LOL

The BRE Z sits high enough that you can open the car door in the trailer - and clear the trailer wheels. So getting in/out is a breeze. With a lower car, you would have to off-set the Z more to the right side of the trailer - no real people as the car is so light, that shifting it off center 6 inches wouldn't matter.

LoadingBREZ.jpg

FWIW,

Carl B.