IGNORED

Still won't run!! I need help..

newguy22

I 2nd Steve's advice. Stick with the L6, its a great motor and was designed to be in your Z. If you do the V8 swap, there are plenty of hurdles to deal with, the cost of the motor and tranny, and motor mounts, the tranny mount, and new driveshaft, plus you would likely have to reinforce the body to handle the extra torque. You could kill you rear differential with a V8 swap also.

Diagnose your wiring, starting from the key all the way to the injectors, I would guess that thats where the problem is. Get a decent multimeter, and learn basic auto electrical repair. Once you learn how to use a multimeter, its not that hard.

Plus you'll still have to deal with that wiring even with a V8 swap. That's what's at the root of your problems, not the engine. Why do you think it would go away with an engine swap? And how did you arrive at that 'cost effective' conclusion?

Please use punctuation!!! Your posts make my eyes & brain bleed!!

you to? LOL

Not trying to wizz you off more newguy22

I'm just having a hell of a time trying to follow you. I want to try and give some suggestions if I can :ermm:

Edited by DatsunZsRule

Sometimes you have to be abrasive to get the point across. My thoughts are that if someone can't take the time to articulate the problems they are having in a consise coherent way that we can understand.... then how could that same person expect someone to take the time to help them in a respectable manner?

I guess he's given up...over on zcar.com...he's talking about turning his Z into a 4 x 4????? :sick:

HAHAHAHAHA ROFL

If he thinks trying to track down an electrical problem is a pain in the arse, wait till he tries to transform his Z Car into a 4x4 V8 :stupid:

Now I'm really going to be hated here. Oh well :laugh:

Edited by DatsunZsRule

my sisters Datsun/Nissan Maxima did this

it wouldn't start then a mechanic changed it to a push start and it started up every time after that but... only when the push start was used

Let me see....how can I say this diplomatically? I can't! That's 'Mickey Moused' or 'ghetto' as they would say. That's a modification rather than a repair. The proper repair there would likely have been to replace the electrical part that goes on the back of the ignition tumbler or, at least, probe the circuit to find out where the signal is lost which would still in most cases I've seen lead to replacing that part. Rather than suggest such half-assed 'repairs' or throw parts at the problem like the author of this thread has done/is doing, and then give up because it still doesn't work, it would be far more beneficial to actually listen and learn about the car you're working on. Otherwise you really have no clue as to what's wrong. Edited by sblake01

Let me see....how can I say this diplomatically? I can't! That's 'Mickey Moused' or 'ghetto' as they would say. That's a modification rather than a repair. The proper repair there would likely have been to replace the electrical part that goes on the back of the ignition tumbler or, at least, probe the circuit to find out where the signal is lost which would still in most cases I've seen lead to replacing that part. Rather than suggest such half-assed 'repairs' or throw parts at the problem like the author of this thread has done/is doing, and then give up because it still doesn't work, it would be far more beneficial to actually listen and learn about the car you're working on. Otherwise you really have no clue as to what's wrong.

Well put Stephen.

• 2 months later...

Alright, Sorry i haven't been able to post in a while. First of All, I have no idea what your talking about with me wanting to go 4x4, I don't even go on zcar.com, But anyways i asked for help and alot of you criticized my punctuation. Anyways i thought it was rude, and unkind, but thank you for those of you who tried to help, to the others i hope you got a laugh out of making fun of my punctuation, I was just trying to post quick and figure out why my car wasn't running. From now on i will just slowly do it myself and have the people near me that know give me advice.