IGNORED

Still won't run!! I need help..

newguy22

Your mistake was making the comment about "this japanese engine crap" on a board specializing in keeping classic Japanese cars as original as possible. You don't ask for help from a group of enthusiasts and then insult the very thing that brings them together. That was just plain stupid. :stupid:

4X4, poor punctuation and grammar or not, you did a nice job or alienating yourself. Perhaps next time you will consider the fact that people are more inclined to help you when you are respectful, and take the time to acknowledge the help that you are receiving for nothing, from a group of people who owe you nothing. There's still time to recover from this shoud you choose to do so.

Edited by =Enigma=

• 3 weeks later...

I admire you folks on this board. Not only am I learning things about my car I couldn't learn anywhere else but I am learning about ways of working with people. I find myself incorporating that latter item into my own personality as I think what is happening here is great!

So back to the original idea.... Car won't run

1. Take the starter out and play with it..... Jump it from the battery

- Secure the starter good before jumping

2. Try hot wiring the car from the battery - Trash the button thing

Sounds electrical....

Not just a Z - zdisease

• 2 weeks later...

My son is 16 and we have gone through this problem a few times! It turns out that the wires under the dash/console got reverses some how and were not plugged in properly. Make sure you have them all plugged in to the correct socket. Some thing could have gotten messed up when you did your push-button thing. Also charge your battery!!!!! Eliminate the simple and obvious stuff first. Maybe take out the push button and just run it with a regular ignition switch for now. See if that helps at all. There have been more than one time when we had intermittent problems all related to a battery that does not have quite enough juice. Good luck and keep the faith but do your reading......research!!

Edited by MikeyZee

Alright, Sorry i haven't been able to post in a while. First of All, I have no idea what your talking about with me wanting to go 4x4, I don't even go on zcar.com

This isn't you? This was posted at zcar.com the same day you brought it up here. Heck of a coincidence I guess???

4x4 Z ?

Posted by: newby77

Date: April 23, 12:37AM

anybody done a 4 wheel drive swap yet. i'm getting very irritated trying to find my running issue, and have a 98 ranger 4x4 with a 3 liter v6 sitting in the driveway. just might drop the z on the rolling chasis, and be done with it! not lifted offroad style, but rally it out a little. i'll throw the current setup in a pile, and thermite the whole friggin thing!

Edited by Weasel73240Z