IGNORED

need some input

Oregon260z

IdahoKidd,

I cant daily drive anymore due to medical problems so my wife is basicly the one that drives me anywhere. The whole reason I got the Z was to give me something to do sence I cant work anymore either I was going stir crazy being stuck at home all the time. I was going to try to restore but alot of the car is not original so I decided to just change things .

Wll I spoke with my doctor this morning also (he is also a gearhead) he said a fuel cell would be a bad idea because of the venting and vapor issues and with my health condition to think of something else. So Iam asking for help from you guys to help me think of a way to change the rearend of my 260z because Iam about as creative as a swirling turd when it comes to actual working ideas. Most of mine are visual but no idea how to get to that point( seeing and doing are 2 different things). SO please help give me some ideas. here is what I have ordered so far

Kaminari air dam,fender flares, Bre rear sproiler, clear headlight covers. I have no rear bumper so that is why Iam trying to make the backend not look so weak compared to the stuff iam doing. I also just ordered Ebachi pro springs for giving it a lowered stance.

Thanks

Jonathan

A couple of thoughts.

1.) Bear in mind that it is not at all uncommon for these cars to have fuel odors and vapors inside the car even with the factory fuel tank, due to the way the venting system and filler hose runs through the interior of the car. So fuel vapors in the car may not be a good reason for deciding not to do the fuel cell.

2.) Have you considered any of the rear bumper replacement options to add more detail to the rear? I don't normally care for the rear skirt look, but it may work well with the front air dam. Or another option might be a fiberglass rear 240Z-style bumper that could be painted to match the car. Since these wrap around the sides like the stock bumpers did, they cover the indent in the rear quarter panel nicely as well.

Edited by Arne

the indents on the side I welded a plate in and sealed them up so there gone. I saw the rear skirt bumper I thought it was total cheese looked ricey to me I hate the ricer scene we have them here stupid kits and exaust pipes you could store stuff in LOL. I havent thought of the 240z bumper idea. Would that look good or would it still be weak looking. The car by no means will be a daily driver so I guess the fumes wouldnt be an issue. Can someone post a diagram that shows how to hook up the lines on a fuel cell my stock tank had so many lines on it Iam confused on how to hook them up. Is there a certain fuel line I can buy that would cut down on the vapor? Do I really need all the lines that are inside of the car? Sorry for the stupid questions just not sure.

Thanks

Jonathan