IGNORED

Oem bushings for moustache bar .

fuzze

Put your numbers in Mike and they come up under courtesy as stoppers at 10$ each - ouch! Didn't say upper or lower, but I assume they are the same and I will 4'of them

Upper and lower are different. Upper has a larger hole as the mounting bolt tapers inside the mustache bushing.

Kevin LeBlanc at the Austin Z-Clinic had this tool made up. We're kicking around the idea of making up a batch of them. It would have been nice to have two of them, one for each side as the socket side which was already flared ends up not as clean as the flared side we did, but still a huge improvement over my hack saw job above...

Control arm pin pullers and this little flare tool are almost required for stock Z rear end work.

Reread this thread and the other thread going on right now on the site about the part numbers-they're all there. Order from your local Nissan dealer and pick them up or I have had good results with Courtesy Nissan. They stock a lot of older parts and will ship to your door.

You'll need the bushings and two different washers-three separate part #'s

Sorry..but where can you get OEM bushings for the whole car? Dont want them urethane..

Like Steve says, get the microfilm and order the parts (local dealer, zcar.com, courtesyparts.com, FactoryNissanParts.com, etc...) My car only has urethane on the transmission bushings, inner rear control arms and sway bars. You'll need to swap out the 240Z part number for the 280Z lower differential stopper bushing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Quick question for those who have installed OEM bushings; does it matter if you install the bushing and flare at the top or bottom of the bar? I'm guessing not, but I would like this to be as original. Thanks.

Don't think it matters. I put the tool'd flare on the top thinking it would be rougher than the factory produced flare. The thinking was the weight sits on the bottom flare and you want that to be smooth. Ends up my top flare is smoother than the bottom since the socket put a bit of mar on the bottom lip, but otherwise its real good.