IGNORED

What makes the z special to you?

form and function, a thing of beauty 40years later. doesn't look dated. whenever i get behind the wheel, reminds me when i was 16 and first got my license. back then it was fun, didn't matter if it was a pos or not, i just wanted to cruise.

Made friends with a dude in high school who had a 75. I rode everywhere in that car with him and enjoyed the heck out of it. Bought a 78 in 88 when I was a senior and drove it like I stole it. Wrecked it one day when I leaned over to pick up a compact disk. Drifted of into a culvert and hit a pole going 20MPH. Bent the frame rails pretty good. Sold it for parts.

Joined the Airforce and bought a 77 in Denver in 1990. Some kids ran a red light and T-boned me. Only had a week before I was to leave so couldn't get it fixed. Insurance company gave me $2200 and I bought a Honda Magna when I got back home to San Antonio and rode it all the way to Virginia.

I found 3 Series 1's since september that I'm trying to make a good car out of. One is running and I drive it on the farm daily, the other is a parts car and the third is the one I'm fixing up.

I love these cars.

When I was a kid, I decided I HAD to have a 280ZX. Nothing else would do! My parents tried to talk me out of it but I would have none of it. I think it was the looks that did it.....the long hood, scooped headlights, and just the general image. To be honest I don't think I even knew what a 240Z was at the time. But when I got the ZX, I did some research and learned all about the heritage of the car and have been a Z fan ever since.

I, too, go out to my garage sometimes to admire the lines of my 240Z. Like people have said, perfect from EVERY angle. You can't say that about too many cars. My 350Z, for example looks good from some angles....from other angles, uh....not so much. I have my 240 parked next to my MV Agusta sportbike.....in a beauty contest, it would be a tough call. Kinda like trying to choose between Marissa Miller and Jessica Alba....

In 1970, I bought the only brand new car I've ever owned. A 1970 240Z-HLS3000488, 110 red. I traded it in for a 72, also 110 red. I sold that one in 1975 and, although I owned several other Datsuns, I didn't own another S30 until I bought the 1978 that I owned from 1997 to about a year ago. With me, it's not so much tha the Z is special. More so that the Datsun is special. As life turns out, I presently don't own one but I'm always on the lookout.

In 1970, I bought the only brand new car I've ever owned. A 1970 240Z-HLS3000488, 110 red. I traded it in for a 72, also 110 red.

The 1970 would have been 905 red. They didn't change to 110 red until the 1972 model year. The 905 is more of a true red and the 110 is more of a orangish red.

-Mike

I bought a brand new 73 z when I was 19.

Sold it 3years later because I needed a back seat.

5 daughters later and 5 weddings:stupid: I found a 72 and I am in a position to appreciate the car even more the second time around:love:

post-21264-14150811254008_thumb.jpg

post-21264-14150811254132_thumb.jpg

I read the Road & Track full road test in the April 1970 issue and thought - that's a cool car, and a great value. In September 1972 I bought the Z that I still have.

The Z-Car in general was special when new based on performance, styling, and value. My particular Z-Car is special today since it has been an integral part of my life for nearly 38 years...

The 1970 would have been 905 red. They didn't change to 110 red until the 1972 model year. The 905 is more of a true red and the 110 is more of a orangish red.

-Mike

Well that was 40 years ago. I know they were both red......

As a kid (long time ago), had a neighbor with a late 60's Jaguar XKE. Loved the look of that car.

Fast forward to high school, had a friend whose father owned a bar.

Money.

He bought said friend a brand new 72 240Z.

Can you say JEALOUSY!

Liked the similarity to the Jag. Then fell in love with the style of the Z.

Was driving a 1963 Buick LeSabre. 'Nuff said. LOL

I spent a summer in Okinawa in '82, there were a couple of the Marine officers who had bought Fairlady's and were taking them back to the states. They were the hot car to have even though the ZX was out and so was the RX-7. Lots of 4 door Skylines running around too, I ended up seeing two Skylines racing down the Expressway followed about a minute or so later by a Fairlady police car. When I graduated HS, I bought a 260, that was '86 and I've had one ever since.