IGNORED

What to do? Series 1 240Z too far gone?

Zealous

What should I do with the car?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What should I do with the car?

• Scrap it
    • Sell it to private buyer
    • Sell it to a local shop, if they will take it?
    • Part it out and then scrap

Thanks Walter and others for the replies,

I am not sure to what level the chassis is twisted. 'Twisted' might be an over exaggeration. There is definitely previous front end damage that was repaired poorly. However, the car does not pull in any direction. There is a slight lean to the drivers side when sitting and looking at it front on. But I suspect this is more due to the shocks than the chassis.

To me its looks more like a minor hit in the front, taking into account how weak the front ends of these cars are. It wouldnt take much to cause what i see in the pics.. 10-15 mph is all.. but the frame rail is buckled, and would need a pull. the core support looks to need some work too.

I hit a 85 camaro i a prior 71 Z i had, and i pushed the right frame rail several inches in...and i was barely moving. ( my right front corner hit his right front corner and he cut in front of me into a driveway...grrrr

Look I'd set the price at $4,000 and state "or best offer" keep it simple and be honest with who ever comes to look at it, don't state how low you will go and see what happens. While you have an ad see what a frame shop would charge to straighten it. Even though I haven't seen the car you might get $3,000 for it, if it drives straight. Just remember this is a hard time to sell a car so don't get stuck on the asking price.

• 4 weeks later...