IGNORED

Fiberglass vs. metal fenders

7T1240

Remember, steel fenders are stock, the way the factory built it. If you ever want to sell the car and find a buyer who's into a factory correct car, he'll ignore your car. Also fiberglass, because it's lighter, often implies track use. This may also be a turn-off to a potential buyer, unless they plan on track use for the car. Fiberglass takes finishes differently than steel, so that can be a factor when you get down to the final finishing and painting of the car. Personally, I'd stay with steel unless they were badly rusted and replacements were too costly.

My thoughts exactly. I wouldn't put fiberglass fenders on a stock car unless it was a Corvette ;).

-Mike

Just want to say thank you to everyone who weighed in on this question. I discussed these options with one of the painters I'm considering, and he also expressed a preference to work with the metal fenders that are presently on the car as opposed to fiberglass. Monday or Tuesday I should hear from him on his estimate.

Gary S.