IGNORED

Just some advice!

atlinboy

Hey there, I'm a young guy with a datsun 280z in my garage, have done tons of work, including frame rails from the firewall foreward, along with alot of bodywork and much more, I built up a 305 to drop in, anyway, wanted some input on the engine mounts/rear end work needed, along with brake ideas, and suspension!!! Oh yeah should i buy the floor pan kit, or just bang out some sheet metal and patch in the rust wholes in my floor? anyway, money is limited, but i have about 5 grand i want to put into it over the next couple years.. its very much a side project but i want it to get on the front burner..

Cheers Jeff

I am also a ticketed C welder, but i need to invest in some equipment, just wanted to hear some stories from some guys, im thinking the pressed kit would be a easy route, but should i beef it up because of the small block?

Since your planning on installing a V8, you may concider visiting HYBRIDZ. The site is heavy into modified Z cars.

Tom

Think of it this way, A Unibody car IS the frame. A weak floor is a weak frame, and so on, and so on. When running a V8, Reinforcement is the Key.

Formed steel, with reinforcement bends and such, are your best bet. Good solid welds. Do what YOU think the factory should have done, when welding in plates, brackets, etc. I'm building a 260Z that I'm doing MY way. If someone thinks it ugly or cool, that's their opinion. It's not like they will Ever drive it.

Every write up possible, for every motor in a Z possible, has been done on HybridZ. If it's been done, you'll find info there.

Dave