IGNORED

wheels

Guest 71-240Z

Most aftermarket cool looking wheels will cost you in the area of $250 and up each. There's a company in called Wheels America that repairs any type of rim and they have repaired rims for sale - all have been remanufactured & refinished and come with a lifetime guarantee. They are in the range of $140 - $175 each. The guy who owns the company is a racer with the SCCA and is very good. They have locations in Texas, NY, CA and FL. Their website it Wheels America. Or call them at 888-4-FIX-RIM.

Thanks for the lead Rick. I called them and it sounds like they have alot of OEM stuff like you said. I'm looking for some after market wheels like American racing outlaw 1 or Centerline Autodrag style. I'm just trying to get the best price. What sucks is American racing used to make the outlaw1 in a 4 bolt pattern and it cost right about 100 bucks. The centerline is right around the price you thought which is a big difference. Wheels america is going to price some stuff for me but they order aftermarket just like all the other tire stores.

those wheels go from $300US-$800US a wheel...and i don't have a website for it...if i need to get them i jus have to find a shop who imports wheels from japan...not just any wheel store though..a couple of tuners in my city could import them for me if i wanted them...to expensive though for now...

I found a nice set of Simmons wheels in 16 X 7 to fit my 71 Z.

Current tyres of 205 x 55 have OD of 24.88"

The original standard 175 x 70 series was 23.65"

I will be fitting 205 x 50 Falken ZE 502 tyres which have OD of 23.7".

Rick - Brisbane

Hi all,

I have 17s with 235 tires on my standard bodied '73 240Z and don't have any rubbing problems at all. The trick is to MAKE SURE that you get the correct offset wheels!

I have adjustable platforms on my strut bodies which allow the car's height to be altered. When it is in its lowest position (wheel level with fender lip and tires tucked under the body) I don't have any rubbing problems at all.

The wheels which I'm using are made in Australia (ROH ZS Style) I have also converted my car to 5 stud pattern to allow more choices of wheels in the future (used parts from a Ford XC Falcon)

I will be getting custom Simmons magnesium wheels to fit semi slick for competition use in the near future (very costly exercise!)

Choose your wheels carefully as a mistake will be a very costly one.

• 5 weeks later...

I've found in Australia only Simmons and ROH do a wheel for the Zed. Problem being the offset and the 4 stud pattern. Problem they are only in a 3 piece wheel. I priced them yesterday ROH $530 Australian a wheel. Beautiful wheel but dam expensive. This was for a 16 x 7 you can get a 15 x 7 for about $60 a wheel less. Simmons well get a loan...................

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the support Z, feel free to check out my new website which includes a picture and info on the Z to Honda wheel adaptors. I can easily email you references to threads with other Z enthusiasts discussing/enjoying the use of my wheel adaptors.

If anyone has any questions at all, feel free to read the info on my webpage and then email me at sales@modern-motorsports.com. Custom adaptors can easily be made to suit more unique interests as well.

PS, their was a short blurb in the recent SportZ Magazine with a couple pics as well in case you have the issue.

Ross C

Modern Motorsports Ltd.

Brakes/Suspension/LSDs/Custom Parts etc.

www.modern-motorsports.com honda_adaptor.jpg