IGNORED

YARR! 1978 280Z Black Pearl

I'm not exactly Captain Jack Sparrow but I am a new Z owner...

Found this beauty in TX and am planning on giving it to my son (who is 5 months old) in the future :)

1978 280Z Black Pearl (color code 638)... I'm the 4th owner...

All matching, mostly original... I even have mint condition owners manual, spare, jack, tool kit, and shop book.

The thing drove like a champ the 70 miles home (no trailer! w00t w00t)...

Super excited!

post-27411-14150819257471_thumb.jpeg

Edited by gooberdlx

• 6 months later...

I too have a Black Pearl that I've owned since new. Mine is somewhat modified -- I always wanted to have it done precisely the way I dreamed of having it.

Should you ever need a set of the OEM Z mags the BP came with, contact me. I have a perfect condition set of them fully cleaned an polished. Originally thought I might keep them, but have been considering selling. Not cheap - but really good. I like your car. Take good care of it. "Keeping it for your kid" is always a really nice rationale too. Well done.

Thanks guys! Well, unfortunately (for the car, not our family), I had to move the car from "rust free" Texas to "let's put salt down in the summer) Minnesota. I'm going to try very very hard to keep this car up and out of the gunk, but it'll require lots more work :)

So far, I've replaced the brakes (rotors, pads, etc), all the consumables, alternator, battery.

I have an extra set of hubcaps, but those damn little Z inserts in the center keep flying off (even with glue). I've gone through 3 replacements so far.

I don't have an original bill of sale and have considered putting the mags on, but I haven't quite decided what I want to do with the car yet. I do know that the motor will stay (no LS1/RB/L28ET) and I'll continue with N/A, but I may have someone rebuild it and if it's already out, I may go back to carbs and beef it up a bit while it's out. Not quite sure yet.

I did notice while replacing the brakes, etc, that the frame rails are quite chewed up. Imagine that huh, so I may try to get someone to attach the bad dog frame rail covers to get some extra rigidity.

dhomuth, I'll PM you just out of curiousity for the cost on those wheels. I may indeed need to grab them :)

• 3 months later...