IGNORED

Met a great Z couple today!

JLPurcell

Chased down a Z today, blue 73 with Wyoming plates, nice looking Z.;) I caught up with them at our local Cracker Barrel talked for a while (Doug and Sarah). They stopped by this evening to see my Z and do some Z talking.:classic: They currently have a 73 (hers) and 77 (his). It was fun to meet them and as all Z folks they were ready to visit and talk about their love for Z cars. Sarah autocross’s the 73.;) They both work at Yellow Stone National Park and gave us an invite to visit. If you know me you know how much I love hiking and camping out west, you know that I will take them up on the visit. It’s a great Z day. I will post some pictures of their 73 tomorrow.

Edited by JLPurcell

I tried to get pics back to the owner, but they didn't seem to spend a lot of time online and contact was spotty. After being there, I understand though... If I were them, I'd be spending all of my available seconds outdoors as well and not in front of a screen. Do you know if they are members of the forum?

P1030815a_zpsc894416d.jpg

P1030843a_zpsa0d44766.jpg

I tried to get pics back to the owner, but they didn't seem to spend a lot of time online and contact was spotty. After being there, I understand though... If I were them, I'd be spending all of my available seconds outdoors as well and not in front of a screen. Do you know if they are members of the forum?

P1030815a_zpsc894416d.jpg

P1030843a_zpsa0d44766.jpg

They brose here and are members of ZCar.com. They do not seem to spend a lot of time on line and like you I can understand why. It was interesting that they knew of my car from this site and had read my story about my 72. They had a lot of questions, I made sure they knew that this site had answers to most if not all of their questions. They will be registering when they get back to Wyoming. They are going to stop in at the firehouse today, (I am on duty), before leaving for home. I will get some photos then. This is definitely the car in you pics. I gave her (Sarah) my well used original "How to Modify your Datsun" book which should help her tune her car for future events. Good people!

They brose here and are members of ZCar.com. They do not seem to spend a lot of time on line and like you I can understand why. They will be registering when they get back to Wyoming.

Good. Hopefully they'll see the pics then. I've got more if there's interest.

We made contact over at zcar.com, but that forum is pretty hurting at this point. Not to forum bash, but I log in very rarely and might not even know if I've got a private message for six months. If the website even does send out a message, it usually gets hung up in my spam filter. My part of the world isn't nearly as pretty, so I spend more time online. But I spend more time here than Z other forums.

I agree... Good people. I was out there on a non-Z related event and was extended a gracious invitation to spend the day at that SCCA event. Mixing Z car stuff with the other non-Z events was a bonus that I really enjoyed. A nice respite from the norm. If they stop over, let them know I was asking for them. :)

Sarah and Doug stopped in this morning prior to leaving for home. They stopped by the fire station, I am on duty today.:ermm: I took the following Pictures. Captain, I had your pics of their Z on my computer when they got here, they asked if I was stalking them?:D I just explained that I was demonstrating the depth of this site.;)

post-7454-14150826485494_thumb.jpg

post-7454-14150826484757_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

It sure it weird to see pictures of my car on the webbernets...

Way too cool to realise I had been followed all the way across town by someone who wanted to see the car, and then to spend what was it...? Two hours, I think that night standing in a total-stranger-turned-friend's garage talking Zs with him and his son...wow!

Bruce, sorry to have lost touch with you, and glad to have reconnected here!

Have been studying the tuning book, as well as work obligations and things for the upcoming holidays has kept me busy since we got back home. :)

When things quiet down (hopefully) after Christmas, I should be poking my head in more often, and can post some more pics from the trip, as well.

Darrel, thank you for the offer, but I'm afraid we missed you by one day...

post-29860-14150826635239_thumb.jpg

When things quiet down (hopefully) after Christmas, I should be poking my head in more often, and can post some more pics from the trip, as well.

She's a beaut! When you get more time (dead of winter, I suspect?) get in touch. I've got other pics that I can get to you. I spend more time here than other Z forums.

Thanks again for the hospitality in your part of the world. and I wish I had the opportunity to see your 77. There's still stuff out of place on mine and seeing another of the same year helps get stuff back to where it belongs.