IGNORED

P90 Turbo Head Hydraulic Adjustors

240ZMan

These came off a head with less than 100 miles. I don't know what they are worth hence have put them up on eBay.

For those with worn adjusters on a factory turbo, there's always the option to convert to solid adjustors, but for someone who would prefer to keep the hydraulic self adjusters, here's a unique opportunity. These have been NLA for some time now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131272513446?item=131272513446

Daniel

PS. It has been a while since I've spent time on this site so my apologies if this self-promotion of my eBay auction is inappropriate or in the wrong place.

Edited by 240ZMan

Nice to see you on here again, Daniel. I know you are a certified hybridz guy. Guys, Daniel has an amazing story to go with this post. Maybe he will tell the rest of you what I already know about the motor in his car which is incredibly fast by the way.

Cheers, Mike

Actually Mike, in the last few years I haven't spent much time on any site, just a lot of work travel :)

The story Mike refers to is the following: I was about to turn in one Sunday night and decided to take one more look on Craigslist and found an L28ET engine with T5 and driveshaft for sale with less than 100 miles. The story is that in 1982 a kid stole a 280ZX Turbo off a dealer lot and took it for a joy ride. He totaled it and the dealer pulled the drivetrain which it sold to a guy with a NA 280Z. This guy intended to upgrade some day, but as with most some-day projects, he got married, bought a house, had kids, kids went to college, and he sold the house. The drivetrain sat in the garage for all those years. He gave it to his dad when he moved who put it out in the field behind his house under a tarp for about 5 more years. Eventually son #2 said he could sell it on Craigslist where I picked it up for $400. Best deal I've ever found :)

I kept the block and head, put in a cam, bigger turbo, managed the engine with Megasquirt, and eventually installed the T5 (again, <100 miles!). It's pretty strong and I have fun on the local road course (High Plains Raceway) where I can run with most of the modern machinery out there.

On the topic of the lifters, I would have liked to use them myself, but apparently they will only stand up to a stock cam, not the more aggressive ramp speeds of a longer duration/higher lift cam.