IGNORED

1973 Rebuild

I broke down and bought a fuel pressure regulator by Aeromotive (the Ultra-Low Pressure model).

IMG_1438.jpeg

The more I talked to people the more it sounds like I have a fuel pressure problem that is swamping the carbs, and even if I don’t it would always be an open question.

The previous owner must have clairvoyance because there was a set of holes that perfectly fit the fuel filter bracket just aft of the stock hard point, and the dope who did my paint forgot to weld them up, so it was just a matter of moving the filter and tweaking the bracket that came in the box the use the original filter location.

Now to route the hoses.

Edited by Matthew Abate
  • Like 1

What’s a good asking price for an L4 engine? I need to get rid of the one that came in my car to make some room.

I can’t vouch for it. I’ve never run it and have no info on its operating performance or condition at all. I think the head is an E30.

Also, what should I remove and save or sell separately, if anything?

IMG_1485.jpeg

IMG_1486.jpeg

IMG_1487.jpeg

IMG_1488.jpeg

Edited by Matthew Abate

1 hour ago, Matthew Abate said:

I think the head is an E30.

That would be very special.. i think you mean E31.  (as they had standard E31 and E88 heads.)

An E30 head sits normally on a 2 liter engine out of, for example a Laurel. (A E30 would also make much to high compression on these E30 blocks.. no do not ask how i know! 🙂 )

The more parts you sell separate the more you will earn.

An engine without the external parts AND NO CLUE about the internals go for 500 euro and a good compression one for 1500?  A excellent new restored one with warranty might go for 4-5000 euro..

It might be a smart thing to do some compression testing as you could earn over a grand?

That's over here in Europe.  We often also buy a second engine for reserve.. I Know that Bart .. and me too.. have a spare.

If i where you i would dissasemble it and only sell the lower part and keep all the spare parts on a attic or so. You can always use them to swap  with someone elses parts.

Edited by dutchzcarguy