Bring her alive - first steps - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Bring her alive - first steps

Featured Replies

Hi guys,

I will be soon happy owner of 240z and I would like to get some hints how to begin with bringing her alive.The car was standing for at least 10 last years so I am pretty sure some maintenance will be required before I could fire her up or drive.

 

Any suggestions how to start? I am pretty sure the brakes will be stuck due to rust. I have heard that rear suspension sometimes got stuck due to rust as well.

What to do with the engine? Refurbish carbs? 

Oil/fluid change is a must, no doubt about that. So I will chang all the oils (engine, diff, trans), coolant.

Anything else?

 

Sorry for so beginner questions but I do not want to forget anything and take a risk of doing more harm than good.

  • Author

Not my first project car. The other one is Mazda Miata NA so I bought her older sister :)

 

Thank you for the link to the topic - I have missed it while searching the forum.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.