IGNORED

RH AND LH Rear fenders not aligned with doors on my 72 240z

jalexquijano

One has to look twice.. or more to see that the rear fenders edge is not in line with the doorline! (See shadow in pic2 in ID7) I to would like it to be corrected when i paid about 4000 euro for that job!  (In depth its not correct mounted, to deep at the door or to far out at the wheelwell )

Your last pic does show a misalignment in the right side dogleg area.  This suggests there was some body work done here - possibly repair/replacement of the dogleg area due to rust.  To correct this will require additional body work in that area to pull the fender lip in closer to the car and likely paint work to cover the repair.  Since your body shop is now out of business this will be additional costs from your pocket - your car, your choices.  As Mart suggests, it is something not easily spotted and you might be better off leaving it as is.

3 minutes ago, jfa.series1 said:

Your last pic does show a misalignment in the right side dogleg area.  As Mart suggests, it is something not easily spotted and you might be better off leaving it as is.

i replaced the dog-leg on both sides of my car. they ended up being in just a bit, like in the above pictures, but i can live with it. it really isnt that noticeable. personally, i dont think that the cars came out of the factory "perfect" anyhow.