IGNORED

Clutch / Brake Pedal Pivot Bushing Repair Idea

jwtaylor

Excellent, thanks! With your pics as guidance, I took a good look at the bushings on mine, and I think they are ok. I will clean them up good and start again with fresh grease. I think all of my pedal issues are up at the clevis.

Working on clevis stuff in this other thread:
https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/60310-squeaky-clutch-pedal-and-clevis-pin/#comment-665374

My clutch pedal had a thump when you pushed it in and let it back out.  The original bushing was unevenly worn side to side so the pedal would move sideways as it went up and down.    There was no sign of lubrication.

DSCN1871 (2021_03_28 16_46_17 UTC).JPG

Yikes. Yeah, that sleeve has seen better days! And I'm assuming there was corresponding wear on the bushings as well.

The original bushings are oil impregnated sintered material, but mine looks like there is also grease in the groove between the two bushings. Yours was clearly beyond salvage and I'm glad your repair job fixed you up! I'm hoping with fresh new grease on mine, I can leave that part of my pedal alone.