IGNORED

Bolts, washers, lock washers

Dude

I’ve had to take part in my fenders on my car and is doing so I found out that a lot of my bolts washers lockwashers are either pretty worn and I had to pry out with the vice grip and destroyed them——I’m wondering if it’s best that I just go to my local hardware shop and buy the ones I need OR I have seen kits sold from different websites. Can anyone tell me what they think and if buying the kit which website I should choose to purchase them from? Thanks in advance 

I can't speak to the kits but my experience with local hardware and big box stores is that the available metric fasteners are what I call Euro-spec.  That is, unlike our JDM-spec fasteners which are even number mm wrench sizes, the local supplies are always odd number mm sizes.  I can usually get the correct thread diameter and pitch but have to settle for a "wrong" size bolt-head or nut for a non-visible fix.  Trying to match a correct bolt-head style is usually impossible.  That's why I and so many others hoard all the fasteners we can find from parts cars.

https://www.boltdepot.com/Metric_JIS_hex_bolts_Zinc_plated_class_8.8_steel.aspx

boltdepot.com carries a smallish selection of JIS standard hex bolts.  They have the "correct" head size for our S30's.  Unfortunately, you won't find every bolt you'll need for a Z car there - many very useful sizes though...

I hate having to pull out a 13mm wrench for a bolt that should have a 12mm head - but, that's just me.

Jag.series1  & chsheen1 yes you’re both right hard to find and I have been reluctant to by the sets they have cause of how much it is but if my OCD just might make me bite the bullet and buy them— and I will check out that sit “boltdepot.com” and see what I can find thanks guys!

Sorry Jag.series1  & chsheen1 yes you’re both right hard to find and I have been reluctant to by the sets they have cause of how much it is but if my OCD just might make me bite the bullet and buy them— and I will check out that sit “boltdepot.com” and see what I can find thanks guys! Also I found a complete 240z set for $269 at www.zcardepot.com do you guys think that is worth the money??

I bought that bolt kit for my rebuild. It's labeled and individual packing made it a breeze putting things back together. I will say some of the bolts are too long and bottom out so be careful when torquing. I remember the oil pump bolts specifically. The manifold studs have allen wrench fittings on the ends for a good tight install. keep your old bolts for comparison and use anti seize to smooth out the new stainless threads. They are a bit course compared to the OE bolts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Siteunseen ok great thank you sooooooo much for the info on watching out for some of them being a little to long. So on that note I will start saving up to buy this ? and try to convince my wife to let me buy it sooner then later ?