IGNORED

1970 HLS30-06521 Re-Restoration

CanTechZ

On 9/24/2024 at 11:49 AM, dutchzcarguy said:

Hahaha, I totally fell for it.. Hahaha, good one..  How long before The other one is ready? Work on it on a regular day or evening and you get there!

Could be Mart haha, anyhow, no bitumen wouldn't work here, it would be rusted away quicker then I can restore lol

• Like 1

Ah yes.. the red car on the big white page in middle and upper half of this picture.. i recognize it.. it's the Dutch folder..

It's (i BET) in new condition.. as it is a new made copy! I've seen those overhere everywhere for sale.. someone ordered 1000 copy's and wend selling them for originals..  but still a nice thing to have but not from the 70's..

20240925_140124.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 240dkw said:

Those are cool, the French one in the middle of the first photo with the red vinyl pouch. Does it say it is printed in France or Quebec?

Thanks, It actually says "printed in Canada". It's definitely for the Quebec market, there's no English at all on it.

1 hour ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Ah yes.. the red car on the big white page in middle and upper half of this picture.. i recognize it.. it's the Dutch folder..

It's (i BET) in new condition.. as it is a new made copy! I've seen those overhere everywhere for sale.. someone ordered 1000 copy's and wend selling them for originals..  but still a nice thing to have but not from the 70's..

20240925_140124.jpg

I think this one is likely an original. It has a Dutch dealer stamp and the condition is very good but not pristine. You are right that it is nice to have, either way. Here are pics of both sides.

20240926_043712.jpg

20240926_043739.jpg

Edited by CanTechZ
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, CanTechZ said:

I forgot to mention that the previous owner, Pete, was a prolific collector of automotive literature and a huge amount of Datsun/Nissan literature was included with HLS30-00957 when I went to pick it up from his son. I will show a sampling here. Later I will search for a more appropriate thread to do a more thorough post. 

Great collection! Some of them are frighteningly valuable these days.

The white-bordered 'Fairlady Z' booklet brochure was the first full Japanese market brochure (as opposed to a fold-out/flyer) and there was a reduced-size reprint in the 1990s. You appear to have the original yellow paper insert with Nissan Works racing team driver Tatsu Yokoyama's notes on driving the Fairlady Z intact. Good!

The red bonnet/hood fronted 'Your Dreams Come True' campaign flyer with the fold-out poster was handed out at the 1969 Tokyo Motor Show. There's more than one version and the differences are in the rear cover (Fairlady Z432-R photo vs Fairlady Z432-R text box) and one of the interior photos. I believe you have the earlier version with the text box and that is the more sought-after version.

Here's the other one:

69-Z-Range-Flyer-2.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CanTechZ said:

I think this one is likely an original. It has a Dutch dealer stamp and the condition is very good but not pristine. You are right that it is nice to have, either way. Here are pics of both sides.

Yes, I agree yours is an original. I have an original too, purchased many years ago. Mainly because it has Works rally car '988' on the front cover...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HS30-H said:

Great collection! Some of them are frighteningly valuable these days.

The white-bordered 'Fairlady Z' booklet brochure was the first full Japanese market brochure (as opposed to a fold-out/flyer) and there was a reduced-size reprint in the 1990s. You appear to have the original yellow paper insert with Nissan Works racing team driver Tatsu Yokoyama's notes on driving the Fairlady Z intact. Good!

The red bonnet/hood fronted 'Your Dreams Come True' campaign flyer with the fold-out poster was handed out at the 1969 Tokyo Motor Show. There's more than one version and the differences are in the rear cover (Fairlady Z432-R photo vs Fairlady Z432-R text box) and one of the interior photos. I believe you have the earlier version with the text box and that is the more sought-after version.

Here's the other one:

69-Z-Range-Flyer-2.jpg

Thanks very much for your insight. The additional information is very much appreciated. I find this subject fascinating and will create a new topic soon about this collection or add to an existing one. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, HS30-H said:

Yes, I agree yours is an original. I have an original too,

I hope those are originals, but watch out.. in or around 2000 there where an awful lot of those fore sale.. and these days they can make them fake-old..

Now guys, stop/don't start a long conversation about the authenticity, because  we'll never know for sure. (Maybe someone had or found a stash.)

BTW, have you heard, today this? On german radio i heard that there was someone that sold fake oldtimers just by making a copy and sell all over the world making 100's of millions !!!  WOW !!!  (I saw also a YT video about a fake mercedes 300sl one white and one red with same chassisnumbers!)

If you have a piece of bulkhead with the chassisnumber you CAN make the car legal for as far i know..

• Agree 1