IGNORED

Still struggling with car at idle after 8 years

jalexquijano

11 hours ago, Patcon said:

Asking the question different ways isn't going to change my answer...

That's a good one..  Obviously there is something very wrong with that engine and i think it needs to come completely apart to find it.. maybe a crack in the cylinderwalls or so i don't know, all i know that jalex needs a good technician who is familiar with the L24..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

That's a good one..  Obviously there is something very wrong with that engine and i think it needs to come completely apart to find it.. maybe a crack in the cylinderwalls or so i don't know, all i know that jalex needs a good technician who is familiar with the L24..

Well in Panama nobody knows or wants to deal with these carb fueled engines. I thought i could test the other dizzy i have just removing and inserting it in the same position where the actual dizzy is. My mechanic says the engine needs to be opened and taken to machine shop. Thats all i know.

6 minutes ago, gundee said:

Here are the photos of a broken valve guide I was looking for. They can also be just cracked and allow

alot of oil into the cylinder.

A distributor will not change anything going on with yours.

459250796_10234215741519060_5604962154419060691_n.jpg

459102825_10234210701513063_2516428699654186333_n.jpg

Thanks so much Gundee. 

I really dont want to spend money buying a distributor or messing with it  if mine is fully working. I prefer investing in the parts i will need once the head is cracked open. What i really dont want to do is open the engine and then find out there are no parts locally here in Panama. I prefer buying those parts in advance.  Which set of gasket would you recommend? 

Do you think a temporary solution would be installing a spark plug non fouler?