IGNORED

Unable to sign in from computer - anyone else?

Zed Head

I've been unable to view posts or sign in from my computer for the last few days.  All other web sites work fine.  I sent Mike an email about it but got no reply.  I'm still signed in on my phone though and everything works correctly here.  So if you've been expecting replies or wondering why there's little activity that might be why.  @Mike

I just did and I'm on.  I had already sent you an email.  I guess you didn't get it.

You just did the very ironic internet thing of telling me to use the web site functions to tell you that the web site functions don't work.  "If your phone doesn't work just give us a phone call and we'll look in to it!"  😀

I only got lucky in that I was still signed on on my phone.  Usually I sign out. 

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

In the future, just send me a support ticket or direct message.

• Haha 2

The site seems to be contaminated with this new ad.  I've seen it on other primitive sites, where your first click opens up the ad.  If you back up and try again you get through to the page you were supposed to get to.

image.png

1 hour ago, Zed Head said:

The site seems to be contaminated with this new ad.  I've seen it on other primitive sites, where your first click opens up the ad.  If you back up and try again you get through to the page you were supposed to get to.

image.png

Click outside of the ad and it'll go away. 

My general internet policy is to never click on anything that I did not ask to see.  So far none of my internet accounts have ever been hacked.  Why take a chance?  If I click on a link to see a post and a big ad pops up instead, no offense intended to anyone, it's just my opinion - but it seems very dumb to click on anything in the unasked for "thing".

I did a quick Google and I find agreement.

https://www.fortinet.com/resources/cyberglossary/computer-virus

How To Prevent Your Computer From Viruses

There are several ways to protect your computer from viruses, including:

Avoid Clicking Pop-up Advertisements

Unwanted pop-up advertisements are more than likely to be linked to computer viruses and malware. Never click on pop-up advertisements because this can lead to inadvertently downloading viruses onto a computer.

Edited by Zed Head
i > I
  • Agree 2