IGNORED

High beam indicator light is not turning on in the speedo of my 72 240z

The low and hi headlights do work on my 72 240z however the blue light in my speedo is not working. Should i attempt to remove the speedo to change such blue led or should i check anything before?  I already pulled both turn signal and combo switches cleaned all there connectors and still no blue light.

There are posts available here on the forum that are larger. Hopefully someone will chime in and point you in that direction. There is no easy fix if you can’t bug it out with a meter. 

• Like 1

Who told you it's a LED? If it was it would probably work.. as LED's (I'm talking about the good old led's that where around 40-50 years ago..) have a long lifespan.

Normally there are candescent little lightbulbs in there. Someone with small hands and Patience can change them. maybe lying up side down in the car but it's in the blind doable.

4 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Who told you it's a LED? If it was it would probably work.. as LED's (I'm talking about the good old led's that where around 40-50 years ago..) have a long lifespan.

Normally there are candescent little lightbulbs in there. Someone with small hands and Patience can change them. maybe lying up side down in the car but it's in the blind doable.

This is the type of led that goes in there!

20240428_125943.jpg

Hihi.. yeah that's a L.E.D.  (Light emiting diode) as it probably chinese junk, they die..  I got a bulb in my car and after 53 years it still works.. put the standard bulb inthere it will work for many many years.. I;m not against led's but just against cheap junk led's.. 😉 

• Like 1