IGNORED

Need a stock front valance

Mike

Hi guys,

I'm strongly considering going to a stock front valance.  My car currently has an airdam installed.  I like it but eventually this car will need to go back to its former glory.  I may consider one of the BRE short airdams in the center though.  Anyway, do you have any ideas where I can find a set in good condition?  I've been away from the real world for awhile.

Mike

IMG_6144.JPG

Here are my pictures. 

There are some welding repairs on the two outer “wings” to account for poor factory assembly. These are raw and only primered, some body work is expected. 

IMG_9767.jpeg

IMG_9774.jpeg

IMG_9775.jpeg

IMG_9776.jpeg

IMG_9777.jpeg

• Like 3

On 5/29/2024 at 7:02 PM, texasz said:

After Mike has his sourced, I'd be interested in the same for a Z I have that which was in a front end collision.  

Resurrected Classics has the new 3 piece set listed for $350.00. They guarantee their products. I’ve bought 3 sets of hub caps from them and they are “perfect”.

• Like 2

On 5/29/2024 at 4:21 PM, zKars said:

Here are my pictures. 

There are some welding repairs on the two outer “wings” to account for poor factory assembly. These are raw and only primered, some body work is expected. 

@zKars thanks for digging those out and taking photos, I really appreciate it.   I've currently got three options:

1. Old set from jfa - $ - Likely a lot of repair/fitting work required
  2. New/old set from zKars - $$ - Some repair/fitting work required
  3. New set from resurrectedclassics - $$$ - Least repairs but likely fitting required

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, bpilati said:

BRE spoilers if you want to maintain stock valance.

Yeah, I like the look of the BRE spoiler.  I'll pick up the front valance and get the headlight buckets repainted too.  Right now that whole set is a bit off color from the rest of the car...  not really noticeable to most but it really bugs me.. ha!  Luckily I found the paint codes in my files from the original work.  I didn't have that when the airdam and buckets were painted.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

Yeah, I like the look of the BRE spoiler.  I'll pick up the front valance and get the headlight buckets repainted too.  Right now that whole set is a bit off color from the rest of the car...  not really noticeable to most but it really bugs me.. ha!  Luckily I found the paint codes in my files from the original work.  I didn't have that when the airdam and buckets were painted.

If I had to choose again, I might go with the version without front brake cooling inlets.