IGNORED

Period Correct Tires

Gents, I got this from an email through our support system.  It's about a period correct tire size for those of you sporting stock rims.  I thought I would share here.  No affiliation and he is not a sponsor on the site.  Please check for accuracy.

Mike

Hi

I wanted to let you know some good news.

Pirelli have made a 195/70VR14 Cinturato CN36

https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/tyres/195-70-14/195-70vr14-pirelli-cinturato-cn36.html

To my knowledge it is the only period tyre currently manufactured in this important Zcar size.

Regards

Dougal

Longstone Tyres

Pirelli Collezione Distributor

pirelli_cinturato_18570r15_full_600x600_5.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Question;

I'm trying to take my 1971 back to original.  Right now it has later-model mags that have seen better days.  I also have a set factory steel wheels that are 5 inch.  The 71s had 4.5 inch.  Any idea if there would be a problem installing 175 tires on the slightly wider rims?  

Thanks

25 minutes ago, Richard McDonel said:

Question;

I'm trying to take my 1971 back to original.  Right now it has later-model mags that have seen better days.  I also have a set factory steel wheels that are 5 inch.  The 71s had 4.5 inch.  Any idea if there would be a problem installing 175 tires on the slightly wider rims?  

Thanks

I would have the steelies checked for "true" (runout) before painting or mounting tires. I put 195/70/14 on my original wheels...too wide of the spare tire well. Just sayin'...

• Like 1

On 6/25/2024 at 9:21 PM, Richard McDonel said:

Any idea if there would be a problem installing 175 tires on the slightly wider rims?  

175 on a 5 inch wheel fits perfect.

btw i drive vredestein and at first i was not a fan of vredestein but they make good tires.. (i could get a set for little money new and they drive very well)

Pirelli... pff.. i would never fit a Pirelli to any of my cars, Italian hey.. it looks cool but drives like sh*t in a few years as they harden fast.. I drove Bridgestones of 15+ years old and they also got hard and slippery but after 15 years.. As i'm driving about 2000 km a year i don't wear 'em out.. they need to be replaced because the rubber gets hard ..  It is FUN though.. making powerslides all the time Haha.. but it's not very safe.. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2