IGNORED

240Z SU Throttle Cable Kit

Coincidently, working on a different throttle cable arrangement but with the same Lokar cable.

Here is my solution to hold the fitting on the cable end. An M4 grub screw through the thick hex part of the fittingl This bites the sleeve below.

You also need a way to bond the sleeve to the braided cable sheath. I found this one slipped down the cable!

I use some UV cure resin.

IMG_0042.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, zKars said:

You also need a way to bond the sleeve to the braided cable sheath. I found this one slipped down the cable!

I use some UV cure resin.

I used blue loctite (because I had some around) when I got mine back together. I eventually accomplished that by cutting the stainless steel braid back a little from the end of the inner sheath, then wrapping thread tightly around the braid so I could get it back into the ferrule. That worked very well after many frustrating tries without the thread. 

I'll eventually attach the cable to the adjuster, but am avoiding blipping the throttle from the engine bay until I do. Replacing the linkage with the cable has made the car a joy to drive again. Having said that, I've found one particularly sticky joint in the linkage I removed. I don't think I'll be going back, though.

Edited by davewormald
  • Like 3