IGNORED

Fan Hits Radiator

texasz

58 minutes ago, Terrapin Z said:

I have a bunch of seven blade fans if you end up needing to source one. 

Dang, have to acquire more fans, must keep ahead……

Seriously I have seen quite a variety of fans and noticed that some have reversed curvature of the blades compared to others. Same puller blade angle, but blade is cupped the other way. Aerodynamic/airflow modeling advances apparently … 

Also I believe that the mounting face of the plastic fans is not in the center of the hub, make sure da fan is on da right way….

28 minutes ago, zKars said:

Also I believe that the mounting face of the plastic fans is not in the center of the hub, make sure da fan is on da right way….

Yes, this IS something I paid specific attention to when installing it.

40 minutes ago, zKars said:

Dang, have to acquire more fans, must keep ahead……

Seriously I have seen quite a variety of fans and noticed that some have reversed curvature of the blades compared to others. Same puller blade angle, but blade is cupped the other way. Aerodynamic/airflow modeling advances apparently … 

I just have to hold out on mine til you big time sellers run out of stock, so I can get a sale or two lol🤣

• Haha 2

On 6/10/2024 at 7:41 PM, Terrapin Z said:

I have a bunch of seven blade fans if you end up needing to source one. 

Well I just searched my parts and I do not seem to have any other fans (I really thought I had an extra or two).  I would like to see about getting a correct fan from you please.

If one has some spare fans.. i hear that you can't store them lying horizontal? The oil gets in places where it can't get out and the clutch gets damaged.. any of you have any experience with that?  (I had one and stash them away vertical!)

10 hours ago, texasz said:

Well I just searched my parts and I do not seem to have any other fans (I really thought I had an extra or two).  I would like to see about getting a correct fan from you please.

I'll look through my bin, and send some pictures. It wont be until after work today though. 

Do you need the clutch?

or just the blades? 

5 minutes ago, Terrapin Z said:

I'll look through my bin, and send some pictures. It wont be until after work today though. 

Do you need the clutch?

or just the blades? 

No clutch needed, I have a new one.  I just need the fan itself, thank you for verifying.  🙂

So it looks like I have about ten 8 blade and only four 7 blade fans.

Seems to me I have an 8 blade in my 70 with a stock radiator and a metal shroud. Works well. 

I will PM the pictures and discuss a possible transaction there. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Yarb said:

I am Seriously Disappointed that you had only 15 Fan Blades in stock! Pick up your game a bit!! 😂😂😂

My signature line does say 15 parts cars + Piles of parts

13 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Haha.. yeah, i think i got 2 or so in my stash... (And one of them belongs to a complete 240z engine with everything on it.)

You should like the way they are stored Mart. They fit better in the bin. 

IMG_8211.jpg

• Like 3