IGNORED

Turn Signal Rebuilding service

GregP

Can anyone recommend a turn signal rebuilding service? I would try it myself since there is lots of information here, but I am limited to one hand for the next 8-10 mths due to surgery.  

8 hours ago, GregP said:

Thanks Jim!! I just contacted him and will be sending out both the DS switch and Hazzard Switch.

Can you give any feedback on approximate cost for a switch rebuild?

• 4 weeks later...

FOLLOW UP ON SERVICE: Here is a follow up on using Jay Zinc to rebuild my 2 turn signal switches and the hazard switch for my 73 240z. 

I am thrilled with not only his service, but also the response, keeping me consistently updated and his price. I send him two turn signal switches. One was in ok shape but wasn't working and the other looked like a disaster with broken handle, cut & missing wires, missing connectors etc.  His prices vary depending on the work he is doing, and repairs/parts needed. On the terrible TS I opted for a full show restoration ($380) and for the one that just wasn't working, a general rehab and refurbishment ($150). I had him do the same on the hazard switch ($150).  They look like brand new.  He sent photos as his work progressed and highlighted defects before and after. Took him roughly a week to do all three items. he even sent me a choice of carriers and prices for shipping them back. Highly recommend him (thanks Jim Arnett for recommending him). 

I asked Jay for a list of services and here is his response.  Contact him on Facebook under his name: Jay Zinc

I'm limited to the 1970-78 Datsun Z/Nissan Fairlady Z for all dash switches. 
I can also restore/service center console switches (rear defrost, parking lamp, choke, etc) really any switches.
As for pricing, it varies slightly depending on year/condition of the switch. I typically say "contact me for a quote".

• Like 3